1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Cool.

I'm happy i got over my Motogadget infatuation.

I still wouldn't mind a combined speedo/tach or new dials or something but I'm not gonna pay mad $$$$ for it.

1 person likes this.
  2. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

I'm pretty stoked that, for once, I come into spring wanting/needing absolutely no motorcycle gear/accessories/add-ons etc.

Well that's not entirely true. I did put on new levers. But only because the cheap Chinese garbage i slapped on last season were faulty.

It's a kind of zen transition I'm making: from thinking of motorcycle enjoyment in terms of the machine to enjoyment in terms of the ride. Instead of a corbin seat, I'm going to treat myself to more turns where I ignore the desire to tap the brakes and, instead, lean in more.

3. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

I volunteered at Ducati Island on Sunday and took pictures on my iPhone which I was going to post but then I came across these pro pics online of the same shots I took, so I'll post these instead for now. I'll post my pics of the bike show later this week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This bevel drive dirt bike is pretty cool. After the race I saw the owner driving it home on the highway. The bike has knobbys, no brake light, no front light, no turn signals, no speedo, or license plate.:facepalm:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. epb

epb Senior member

The weight has always been my biggest gripe about the Triumph Scrambler - the Ducati is much lighter and has more power.

I've been thinking vintage scrambler for my first project bike, with my top candidate being the Honda CLs, but I'm torn between the overall usability of the CL350/450 models and the better off-road capability of the lighter stuff like a CL175.

5. EgliComet

EgliComet Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

i like this

7. EgliComet

EgliComet Senior member

I'm not sure how my comment ended up in the middle of someone else's post. So many buttons...
    Anyway, what I intended to convey about the photo of the BMW I built was this: I whipped this together last week. Please keep in mind it was before I planished and trimmed the fenders and finished assembling everything. It was just a mock up for a friend.

1 person likes this.
  8. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

You may just have the best job in the world.

1 person likes this.
  9. nootje

nootje Senior member

Cool you can do that work, and a lot more professionally than I ever could. I simply hope one day to have a garage big enough to hold two or three to be able to wrench to my hearts content.

In other news, even though the weather here has been very good I havent been able to ride due to gf obligations for the last two weeks. To add, I really want to, I've got new mainjets that will really put a kick into it in addition to the new megaton exhausts I put on a month ago. This weekend will be the first weekend I'll be able to ride, and the forecast is going to be rain.. :cloud:
    I really really really hope that the weatherman is wrong... :brick:

10. EgliComet

EgliComet Senior member

Thank you, fellas. The weather here on Long Island has been horrible today. It was a very soggy ride in this morning on the little CB77.
    [​IMG]

11. nootje

nootje Senior member

Just ordered exhaust wrap and some stainless ties, if I'm indoors this weekend I might as well cover up the ugly pipes.

12. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Which colour did you get?

Make sure you soak the wrap first and be prepared for the pipes to 'smoke' when you start up.

Mine still smoke after being soaked in the rain.

13. nootje

nootje Senior member

Bought white ones, and will definitely soak them first.

Given that its a suzuki I opted to go for a classic white/blue color scheme.
    Currently its in its original gold/chrome guise, with the original seat still on.(first focus was to get it running, and then running well as i bought it with gummed up carburetors and a cracked airbox)

Once im done it'll have a cafe seat with white tail, metallic blue tank and now white wrapping with the engine in its original chrome.
    And before anyone asks, yes ill definitely post pics once im done, which i hope will be later this summer..:slayer:

14. BostonHedonist

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Sucks but they can fix it. I had a bend in my rear rim that caused a slow leak, just got it fixed with new tires free of charge.

16. BostonHedonist

Worst part was when the "boys" hit the tank. Dear god.

1 person likes this.
  17. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

tank slapper?

18. BostonHedonist

In a manner of speaking...

Quick stop in front of me in the brief instant I was scanning the left lane for an opening.

19. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

20. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

Did I ever tell you the story about one of my exes? After a soccer "incident" she poured me a drink and decided to give the boys a gentle massage. What a kind caring soul. Then, in her infinite wisdom, decided to add Ben Gay to the massage. It doesn't get hot immediately so she was able to rub it in quite deeply before I realized WTF she had done.

ouch

1 person likes this.