1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

It sure did, but $1300 for a helmet? Too rich for my blood.

2. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

The technology aspect is hot and a 9 hour battery life with constant usage is amazing. I wonder how much it weighs?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  3. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

If there's a market for it, I can't imagine Shoei and Bell being more than a year or two behind rolling out this sort of tech. It'd save me from having to buy a bar-mount phone holder for directions.

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Anybody got a good bar mount rec tho?

5. EgliComet

EgliComet Senior member

RAM Mounts

6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I would like to ride with others; the prob is it seems like a large contingent of sport bike riders are idiots

I think the answer is to ride with older folks.

2 people like this.
  7. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

, +1

8. Rumpelstiltskin

Look what I found

2006 Speed Triple
    18,521 miles
    $4,999

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. BostonHedonist

Yessss.

10. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Love the speed triple except for the double headlights. Replace with a Vrod headlight and you are good to go!

11. Cool The Kid

Fuck that actually looks like a good deal. And Im going to DC next week :D

Had a real pucker moment... didn't panic though. Coming around a corner on a road I hadn't ridden before, I came across a fucking sea of gravel. Thankfully I sat the bike up, kept it rubber side down and on the road. That always sucks, gravel frightens me

12. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Had a similar moment last weekend. Had just finished a half-day of dirtbiking and was following my buddy in his SUV back to Toronto.

Coming out the dirtbike camp's area is this tight left turn (almost a 90 degree) that I totally went into with too much speed despite the 20km turn warning sign posted. Took the turn too wide and realized that I was going to run off the road - couple that with the target fixation on the gravel on the side of the road, I almost panicked.

Luckily, i slowed down gradually and just let the bike run off to the side of the road onto the gravel shoulder and then merged back on. I honestly thought i was going to run off the road completely though. Learning moment for sure.

13. nootje

nootje Senior member

Finally a day when I could work on the bike again, had to spend the last three months moving to a new apartment and working on that.

Figured out why she idled so troublesome, and lately died without choke. Two out of four idle needles were broken off and stuck, cylinder 2 and 4. Fuck. Took me 2 hours to extract them..

Ordered 4 new ones and hope to spend at least one month of this season riding trouble free.

And I shouldn't have bought a four cylinder to fix up as a first bike, live and learn..

14. Cool The Kid

I def target fixated too. It's tough because that's the natural response when you come across something you don't see often. I have to add that to my reaction repertoire

15. BostonHedonist

When I go out with my buddy who rides harder than I do, we always ride new roads at a pretty moderate pace, not usually over 60 except on straightways. We pass a good twisty section that looks up to code, we'll turn around and hit it again backwards and forwards at our limits. But not the first time.

16. Rumpelstiltskin

17. Rumpelstiltskin

I would tell you to link me and we'd have a drink but the g/f has been in Colombia since the end of June so I am almost certainly on lock down status. I'll shoot you my info anyway on the side

18. Cool The Kid

I have a full itinerary anyway, I don't even think I would have time to check this bike out. Plus I have to sell my bike first.

19. Cool The Kid

That's a good idea. I did the same with my riding buddy. He lived about 2 hours away from me though, which sucked.

20. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

It

It's a Vulcan.