• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I put 35000 miles on a '99 R1100S when it came out. Had it for a little over a year and traded it for my KTM Adventure. So much slower than it looks.

:shattered dreams: Thanks for the heads up. One of the reasons these bikes interest me is the size of them. Late at night when I'm counting out my nickels and dimes and dream of once again acquiring a motorcycle I input my size on cycle-ergo.com and it doesn't look ridiculous when I try those BMWs.

Another 'want(ed) to buy' of mine lacks in that aspect:

Yamaha TRX850

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roger that, I'm an old fart. Not old enough to have my licence in 72 though.

Me too.:fistbump:

I've been seriously thinking about getting a Z1, I explained to my wife that it is a preferable mid life crisis to a 20 year old girlfriend. She seems to think that if I got a Z1 or a 20 year old girl that I wouldn't be able to ride either of them properly anyway.

brokencycle

Reaction score

I've been seriously thinking about getting a Z1, I explained to my wife that it is a preferable mid life crisis to a 20 year old girlfriend. She seems to think that if I got a Z1 or a 20 year old girl that I wouldn't be able to ride either of them properly anyway.

The Z1 might help you get the 20 year old girlfriend.

EgliComet

Reaction score
This

How reliable is that KTM? I want an RC8R but the closest dealership that carries them isn't very close (I can be in 3 different states before I get there) and I'm still not sure if they even know how to service it.
I replaced my fork seals once and went through hell sorting out the carb--eventually I stuck on a Dellorto and that was way more tunable. I did everything myself. The RC8R is a much more modern beast though and I have no experience with that program.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fang said he was an old fart so he might go for a 63 year old. As long as she is not "fat".

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Changed my oil today and ordered some new blinkers and mirrors.

I probably change my oil too often. I don't actually ride very many miles (very little highway time, lots of city time), but it feels wrong to not change the oil when I pull it out of storage. But then it feels wrong to not have fresh oil in it when it goes into storage...and it feels wrong not changing the oil sometime *during* the season.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should change your user name from otc to ocd, oil compulsive disorder.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How often do you guys clean and lube/wax your chains?

brokencycle

Reaction score

Changed my oil today and ordered some new blinkers and mirrors.

I probably change my oil too often. I don't actually ride very many miles (very little highway time, lots of city time), but it feels wrong to not change the oil when I pull it out of storage. But then it feels wrong to not have fresh oil in it when it goes into storage...and it feels wrong not changing the oil sometime *during* the season.

I read you're supposed to change the oil before putting it into storage as dirty oil sitting can be bad for the engine parts. I always just change it at the end of the season.

I probably only do 3k miles/year at most, and I use full synthetic that's rated for 10-15k miles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads