Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

I don't want to sound like I'm giving a lecture or anything, but wearing anything other than gloves designed for motorcycle riding will evaporate upon contact with the ground.

[​IMG]

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Not really. There are a few places I visit from time to time, like It's Better in the Wind for example, but other than that, just your usual motorcycle forums and junk.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012

3. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

That's a pretty cool site. I just really like finding little bike shops that have online stores and like buying from them instead of some huge site if possible. This was one I found the other day that seemed kind of cool http://www.genuinemotorworks.com/collections/all

Edit- Just watched the video on that site... absolutely amazing. It makes me want to just load up a backpack and hit the road.

4. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

5. jordansmith123

jordansmith123 Senior member

Are there any good looking motorcycle boots, preferably something I can wear and not look ridiculous walking around the store? I need to buy a pair.

What kind of boots does everyone wear?

6. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

I've been a little guilty of being a squid and have just been riding around in my desert boots, but I'm hoping to pick up a pair of red wing boots to ride in.

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Depending on just how god-awful hot it is, I have a few pairs of boots that I rotate around. One is the Chippewa for LL Bean Katahdin Iron Works boot. Second is an Alden Indy. Third are traditional engineer's boots that I have from both Red Wing and Chippewa. If if gets too crazy hot, I make a trade off in protection for comfort and wear Vans high tops.

8. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

I wear Chippewa Rally Boots:

[​IMG]

I like these, Gasolina boots, handmade in Mexico:

[​IMG]

9. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

+1 for Gasolina boots. You can get them made custom and they're not god-awful expensive. Definitely high on my riding gear list.

Hey question. I'm going to do an airbox removal on my Triumph. Anyone ever done that themselves before?

10. eg1

eg1 Senior member

I have an old pair (circa 1990) of Taurus boots out of Quebec -- I don't think that company is around anymore, however.

11. otc

otc Senior member

I've been using the same LL Bean Katahdin boots from chippewa (owned and wore them frequently before buying the bike).

Occasionally wear desert boots but I don't think they really come up high enough on the ankle and I worry that the sole attachment might be so weak that the shoes would just fall apart in a crash.

12. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

You really need heavy boots that offer protection.

13. poissa

poissa Senior member

That said, I saw the www.vintagerides.com recently and want to do just that. Anyone up for taking a trip to India or South America to do a week long trip? I'm thinking December / January.

14. poissa

poissa Senior member

Sidi Vortices. Pros wear them, if they are good for them, they'll save you.

15. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

When I was in high school I twice went on a motorcycle trip with four co workers of my dad where we crossed the border into Mexico and traveled for four days on dirt roads and no roads. We had to carry our own gas on the backs of the bikes on home made rigs. At the half way point we stopped at this adobe "store" in the middle of nowhere that had a single old fashioned pump where we refueled and completed the rest of the trip. Awesome.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012