• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy a tank flushing kit locally? Do auto parts or hardware stores sell them or do I need to buy them online?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Noo. Not the white sneaks. I was visiting in Connecticut for a weekend recently. Every middle aged guy there was doing no helmet, no jacket, white sneaks and shorts. F*king weekend warriors.

And sitting on one of these:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had to move my motorcycle to another parking spot across the street for street cleaning this morning.

It was rather nice to be able to just sit down on it in the clothes I was wearing and ride it down the block...but really I don't even like to ride my bicycle at a decent speed without a helmet and would want to have more than a dress shirt on if I were going to go out on anything more than 30mph surface streets.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had to move my motorcycle to another parking spot across the street for street cleaning this morning.
It was rather nice to be able to just sit down on it in the clothes I was wearing and ride it down the block...but really I don't even like to ride my bicycle at a decent speed without a helmet and would want to have more than a dress shirt on if I were going to go out on anything more than 30mph surface streets.

I know what you mean. It feels nice but I won't ride without gear. I have two riding buddies who sometimes ride without helmets. It just boggles my mind how someone can ride a motorcycle without a helmet. These two guys were with me a few years back when I had a wreck and ended up with a broken collar bone. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet my head would have been split open. Even after seeing me wreck they still ride without their helmets sometimes. It's incomprehensible to me.:puzzled:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I almost wish there was room to store a helmet in the seat like you can on most scooters...
There are plenty of short surface rides that I would be willing to do with just the helmet since I feel like wearing a dress shirt and some jeans is about 10X the protection I am wearing when I put on some lycra and go hammer away on the exact same roads with my road bike. It would just be nice where it was one of those things where if I step out of my apartment and have the keys in my pocket, I would have everything I need if I feel like taking it to the store.

When I am going to be going for a real ride, I don't really mind putting all of the stuff on...the jacket and helmet don't feel too hot at speed and having wind protection and extra sound muffling is nice.

LooknGr8

Reaction score

I know what you mean. It feels nice but I won't ride without gear. I have two riding buddies who sometimes ride without helmets. It just boggles my mind how someone can ride a motorcycle without a helmet. These two guys were with me a few years back when I had a wreck and ended up with a broken collar bone. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet my head would have been split open. Even after seeing me wreck they still ride without their helmets sometimes. It's incomprehensible to me.:puzzled:

New Hampshire, Live Free Or Die...so many moto accident fatalities every year because there is no helmet law.

My only advice, buy a white helmet and don't worry what SF says, it's so much less HOT.

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got home from a 450 mile ride through Texas and Louisiana today and I got heat rash all over my chest :(. It was still a beautiful ride and I got to see some cool old towns in the middle of nowhere. I also got some good bonding time in with the old man, so that's always fun.

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost wish there was room to store a helmet in the seat like you can on most scooters...

Why not just hang the helmet on the bike (securely, of course) ?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why not just hang the helmet on the bike (securely, of course) ?

I do hang it from the helmet hook when I park it somewhere for a little bit or am in a lot...but the bike lives on a tightly packed urban street. One little tap (and there are so many facepalm inducing motherfuckers who can't parallel park a car without feeling their way into the spot with their bumper) and the helmet is toast. Also might get stolen even though a helmet without a strap is kind of useless.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Got home from a 450 mile ride through Texas and Louisiana today and I got heat rash all over my chest :(. It was still a beautiful ride and I got to see some cool old towns in the middle of nowhere. I also got some good bonding time in with the old man, so that's always fun.

Cool, what highway(s) did you take? I used to live in Houston, and would make the trip over into Louisiana fairly frequently, and you're right, so great countryside. Best viewed in the spring or fall though.

smallfry

Reaction score
Suzuki bandit possibly the best bike I have ridden, sturdy reliable and nippy.

Triumph speed triple possibly the bast naked bike you can get and performs like a four cylinder bike.

BMW's are ok bit their engines and shape are not the best.

As for a Harley, hmm all noise and no go!

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool, what highway(s) did you take? I used to live in Houston, and would make the trip over into Louisiana fairly frequently, and you're right, so great countryside. Best viewed in the spring or fall though.

On the way down there we just went down to Galveston on 45 and took the ferry over to Bolivar and then took I-10 to Beaumont (not the nicest views) and then LA 12 and LA 109. The way back was MUCH nicer when we took LA 8 back through to Jasper and then headed back to Houston.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Almost like I got paid to ride to the office today.

Went out to the bike and found $5 in the gutter. If I had just walked past it and gotten on the bus, I would be $5 poorer (and I have still managed to find enough space to slide the bike in on the half block of unmetered parking so I have yet to pay to park it)

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, cool (comparatively) day for a ride today. Took a spin along Northshore Boulevard and back :)

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suzuki bandit possibly the best bike I have ridden, sturdy reliable and nippy.

Triumph speed triple possibly the bast naked bike you can get and performs like a four cylinder bike.

BMW's are ok bit their engines and shape are not the best.

As for a Harley, hmm all noise and no go!

Yeah, well, ya know that's just like uh, your opinion, man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads