• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

rohde88

Reaction score

I started sinking money into my Sport 1000 again....
Ordered Mupo cartridges for the forks and a new rear shock to replace the 848 front forks and stock rear shock on the bike now, and also ordered Braketech Iron rotors for an 1198 (330mm) for the front. I'm doing both NESBA track days next weekend at Beaverun in PA and the May 15th Absolute day at NJMP Thunderbolt if anyone in the northeast is interested.g]

Cool Kookz, I'm selling my ZX6R and looking at naked italian bikes. I rode my friends Brutale 910 and it was amazing. So much fun.

Since the 848 SF is too hard to source, the Brutale 675 isn't in the US yet. What do you think is an option? older liter Brutale?

Kookz

Reaction score
Yeah, this weekend I'm going to do the three days with a friend with an 06 Brutale 910. I'm excited to ride it, I'm sure the thing is a blast.

I'm not one to fear for larger displacement, especially on a 3 or 4cyl which has a softer delivery, so I'd definitely get a 910 Brutale. Beatiful, fun, plenty fast, comfortable.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eg, I like your flying brick. It's not for me, but it is appealing in its functionality and what I am sure is rock solid performance.

kookz, if you start posting pictures of one of your ******* picture perfect road trips, I will leave StyleForvm forever.. :lol:

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eg, I like your flying brick. It's not for me, but it is appealing in its functionality and what I am sure is rock solid performance.
kookz, if you start posting pictures of one of your ******* picture perfect road trips, I will leave StyleForvm forever.. :lol:

Thanks, gnatty -- nothing quite like ruthless Teutonic engineering for going fast and far. I've taken it across Canada, to Georgia, the Mexican border and back.

Who knows, maybe someday I'll feel old and decrepit enough to join the cruiser set and trade her in for a Harley ... :tounge:

katana man

Reaction score
here is the bike with factory luggage - not the typical BMW hard cases. Includes special tank bag, and 2 side bags with an attached top case linking the side bags together. OK for trips - sleeping bag and tent are attached to all of this. Fabulous on long trips - good weather protection but some heat in very hot weather at your feet.. Came also in yellow/blue and later - all black with silver (where the yellow is). Design due to extensive wind tunnel testing - notice shape of front fender.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

here is the bike with factory luggage - not the typical BMW hard cases.  Includes special tank bag, and 2 side bags with an attached top case linking the side bags together.  OK for trips - sleeping bag and tent are attached to all of this.  Fabulous on long trips - good weather protection but some heat in very hot weather at your feet.. Came also in yellow/blue and later - all black with silver (where the yellow is).  Design due to extensive wind tunnel testing - notice shape of front fender.

I have that tank bag -- very nice! Side bags on mine are the hard cases in the same "blau und weiss" as the bike paint.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks, gnatty -- nothing quite like ruthless Teutonic engineering for going fast and far. I've taken it across Canada, to Georgia, the Mexican border and back.
Who knows, maybe someday I'll feel old and decrepit enough to join the cruiser set and trade her in for a Harley ... :tounge:

If you do, please, please, please, for the love of God, don't buy anything with the word "Glide" in its name unless it's a Wide Glide.

Kookz

Reaction score

How does a highside which tossed me forward and onto the tank sound?

It was about 30, maybe 35 degrees when I got to the track this morning, much colder than I've ever ridden quickly in. Second sesion of the day, it was probably 45-50 degrees out, still quite cool out. Cracked the throttle a little too hard in a very hard right, spun up the rear, cut the throttle (setting up the high side). The catch threw me up and onto the tank, but I managed to stay on the bike and I thought I might have a chance to save it, as I was upright and rode off into the grass (but still mostly sprawled out on the tank). About 50 feet of grass later (maybe a touch more) there's a steep bern with a very soft mud/grass section in front of it, and the bike went down as soon as I hit it, probably still doing 20mph.

I ripped the front brake reservoir off and cracked two posts/springs of the clutch off, which was a bummer, but I had it running about 20 minutes later. Took me a while to get it cleaned up, retech, and then I went out running only 3/6 springs on the clutch. It held up, but spit oil on the exhaust I think because it was out of balance, as I completely removed the clutch and could find no additional damage. I got it back together after breaking off a 4th post to balance it, but by the last session the clutch was slipping anytime I was above about 80-90mph and trying to accelerate.

All in all, it was a ****** but good day. I had an off into the grass at over 100 mph that I saved, so that could have been really really bad.

photo.JPG

Exhausted, after working on the bike for 4 hours and trying to get out for last session (which was cut short by a slipping clutch)
photo.JPG

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You spun the rear by cracking the throttle too hard in a hard right when you were already doing 100mph?

Kookz

Reaction score
No, only probably 30mph. The 100mph off was a high speed left kink, and if you hit a set of bumps it can cause you to push a lot further out on the track than one would want (and in my case, all the way off onto the grass).

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah. Looks like the bike cleaned up pretty well.

Reaction score
I don't love the yellow, I prefer my bikes all black. But damn man, that thing is sexy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads