Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KnowYourRights

KnowYourRights Senior member

Just when I thought I'd never have to lay eyes on that abortion again...

2. VonLehndorff

VonLehndorff Senior member

what is this? Pipes high like these were originally intended for trials/scrambler bikes to keep them clear of grass/ ground rocks, right? Who the hell wants their leg against them- bizarre.

3. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

Yeah, and I also don't get the current fad with some builders of cutting down the gas tank so it can only hold a thimble full of gas.:confused:

4. VonLehndorff

I suppose it is a minimalist retro-look, like 20s bikes. I like big fat BMW -like tanks or Norton's. You can lie down on them!

[​IMG]

5. VonLehndorff

6. KnowYourRights

I don't mind the pipes. It's the fact that the "builder" took one of the best handling frames in history and gave the bike an inch of fork travel. And no front brake. A purist would say the only proper motor to drop in a featherbed is a pre-unit Trump. I'm not a purist, so I don't mind the later 750. But it's a Triton FFS. It's supposed to go, stop, and turn. I'm willing to bet a large sum that that turd doesn't do any of those things at all. It's an exercise in vanity, and at that, it excels. But as a motorcycle, it's a colossal POS.

7. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

What is a good starter cafe racer that I can get for under 3 grand?

8. KnowYourRights

Well, $3K will go a long way. You can buy a couple '70s Honda CBs. But those are...meh. If you want a bike that's easy to work on, has plenty of parts availability, and will appreciate in value even if you just lock it in your garage for 10 years, then opt for a '70s Triumph TR7/Tiger 750. Plenty of power. Good handling frame. Depending on the year, you get disk brakes. Single carb for easy tuning. And you won't pay a premium because it says "Bonneville" on the side cover. Want something more "vintage" than that? Look for a late-'60s BSA A65 Lightning (2 carbs) or Thunderbolt (1 carb). Don't plan on taking the freeway much? Look for a late-'60s to early-'70s Triumph T100R Daytona or T100C Tiger. They are just 500cc, but with the shorter wheelbase, a blast to ride. And there's a good supply of go-fast parts. Stay away from '80 and up bikes.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

9. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

"Chick bikes/cars" comments made by people with small dicks. Chicks, if they ride, ride Vespas or crappy scooters when I see them out.

10. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

How about a Ninja?
    [​IMG]

11. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Put that shit in spoilers with a NSFL tag on it.

12. KnowYourRights

^ This. If you hear someone say "chick bike," you can be sure he's just purchased his first motorcycle...ever. And most likely, it's a full-dresser HD or an 18000cc Hondasaki...and he can't ride it for shit. You can confirm his douchebaggery by taking a quick look at his odometer.

Besides, Sonny Barger rode a Sportster for years. Pretty sure he's not a "chick."

13. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

A picture of my chick bike, which the dresser set lovingly refers to as the "skirtster"

[​IMG]

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Hondasaki?

Chic bike?

:laugh:

You guys can think of more ways to insult each other and each other's bikes.

15. Big A

Big A Senior member

So here's a question . . . . I like the leather single seat, don't like the spring look with the shocks . . . .

Is there a way to mount that seat on some sort of straight spacer? Do the springs come out?

Also, is that the harley seat or aftermarket?

I just got the RSD Tracker pipes for mine after my sideshots blew out. I'll prob put them on tonight.