Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

wtf??

2. VonLehndorff

VonLehndorff Senior member

Yup! coast to coast! on his Sear's tractor [​IMG]

3. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I don't intend to carry everything I own with me. I know I will need to carry a laptop, books, small lunch (save a penny), and rain gear (this is Florida). For saving my back, I just don't think it will be a good idea to carry a back pack whiles riding. Witch then brings up the point of saving my hip, I am unsure about caring my hand gun.

Have you every tried the riding jeans and a textile riding jacket? I am looking for something that breathes in hot air. I am not skipping out on a full face helmet.
    The Vespa 300 GTV can do 80 mph, that is fast enough for Florida high ways legal top speed. But I don't like the idea of maxing it out and not have passing power when I am behind a white Buick with Florida tags... I am sure the top speed will drop with two adults on it.

~Kurt

4. VonLehndorff

OK no BS:
    my cousin rode all his life, we raced together in the italian alps when in Med school together, dude could RIDE! last year was wearing back back while riding -it slipped off- into the rear wheel. He's gone.

When you get sloppy, you'll pay

HIS SISTER: Vespa on US1 in Florida, semi-truck passing vortex pushed her into opposite lane traffic.Paralyzed for six months, now Gone.

Ride something with weight and power. Dress for the worst, sweat won't kill you.[​IMG]

5. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

6. VonLehndorff

Ouch! and I'm trying to give up riding!

7. VonLehndorff

8. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

Nobody likes a quitter.:angry:

9. VonLehndorff

4 kids and we have a friend that went down on his Harley. After riding from 14 to 63 yrs old throughout the world!- here to Brasil and back was just one trip- went down in Alaska, paralysed neck down, my wife is begging. ducati or wife? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

10. VonLehndorff

Four kids. Guy we know from Brasil rode from 16 to 62, everywhere, US to Brasil to tierra dl fuego and back, all over Europe, US last year went down in Alaska. Paralyzed neck down. wife begging me. Ducati or wife? hmmmmmmmmmmm

11. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

Sorry to hear about that. That's rough.

12. VonLehndorff

He swears he is going to get a Trike- guy just won't quit-Harley was literally his life, talk about "live to ride"! But it is never doing to happen. There but for the grace of God.........Ride safe my brothers

13. VonLehndorff

14. hrb

hrb Senior member

Really sorry to here about your family members VL. If riding is out of the picture, one can always drool over pictures and live vicariously.The cafe you posted is interesting, a bit overdone for my taste. [​IMG] people are adding RD and CR pics... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. VonLehndorff

oh god, this isn't fair. The original deal was I would stop street riding and race WERA and the vintage series, it worked. Actually once I began to race I didn't want to street ride anymore, too boring and looking out for others kind of ruins it. School and career ended the time for race commitment, so it all came to a screaming halt. I was always too big for RDs, at 6-0 and 185 or so ( if i eat like a model). My cousin and I raced moto guzzis in italy and switz., and here i got an 850 Lemans, but after a Ducati there was no turning back. Now that I see these new cafes appearing, maybe one for a late-night empty streets blast. I repeat, wife or Ducati??????[​IMG]