Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

+1000. Very well stated. What gets me (and I'm speaking in generalities) is the superior attitude a lot of Harley riders display. It's funny because when you speak about motorcycles with them they are usually blissfully ignorant of anything else except Harley. They are completely brainwashed and complete zealots. Nothing else exists or is worth knowing about except the all mighty Harley.

Anyhow this theme has been beaten to death. To each his own, just don't question my choice or act like a jingoistic oaf because it's not a Harley.

Here are some pics from my last ride through the Texas Hill Country:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

3. Oski

Oski Senior member

"Honda CB360T

Over all great bike everything works (electric start is intermittent but works most of the time)

Bike runs great overhauled carbs and reconfigured electrical system, set timing, points, etc.

Includes new Illinois title. 9,1xx miles. $850."

Hmmm should I take a bite as my starter bike or opt for CB550 instead?
    Looking to convert to cafe...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

4. dwcopple

dwcopple Well-Known Member

Oski, if you are gonna make a cafe bike, buy a POS and fix it up the way you want it. Don't take a bike as nice as that 360 appears to be and F it up.

5. 6up

6up Senior member

Oski....if you plan on doing any hwy riding, you will want the 550CC

6. dron

dron Senior member

and you want a fairly reliabe bike as a first (trust me, I learned it). And there's no shame in chopping up a mint vintage ride to make a café racer or what ever.

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I see. So you fault them for making sound business decisions and effective lobbying then? lol, seriously, I don't know why people have so much passion about beating down Harley Davidson; I probably haven't wasted one iota of negative energy thinking about Yamaha, Honda, Ducati, or Victory. Srsly, some of you guys need to let it go and just ride whatever bike you want to ride..

8. eg1

eg1 Senior member

It's not the iron, gnatty -- it's a culture that poisons the association around here. I don't know the South well enough to know to what extent it applies in your neck of the woods, but if you are representative it seems unlikely. [​IMG]

9. dron

dron Senior member

the storm knocked by bike over the other night. snapped clutch lever and squashed both left side winkers. togeter with an unbled front brake this means I can't ride it into storage. FML

10. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

This.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

11. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

12. konadog

konadog Senior member

About a month ago i sold my 03 bmw f650cs. Replaced it with an 04 ducati multistrada 1000ds. Liked the bmw, love the ducati.

13. KnowYourRights

KnowYourRights Senior member

You should see the d-bags that show up to pose at the "Ducati Night" 'round here.

Like Gnatty sad, bike manufacturers gotta sell their wares. Every marque has a lifestyle to sell you. Besides the Company, what about Hinckley Triumph that can't go 15 minutes with out beating the dead corpse of the late, great Steve McQueen (who abandoned the original Triumph bikes for Husqvarna)? What about the $200 Puma Ducati "riding shoes?" And the bearded, ballistic-nylon ADV riders?

Chill out everyone. Go ride your motorcycles. If you want to have a pissing contest, start posting odometer pics...

14. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

Yea, chill out dudes. . . now where did I put my $200 Puma Ducati riding shoes? I'm on my way to a Ducati Night at Starbucks. :D

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Awesome weather in the south today, mid 60s, pure sunshine. Clocked 75 miles on my Scrambler before topping her up with stabilized fuel, giving it a good washing, popping the battery to rest on its charger for the winter, and covering it for the winter. Can't wait to hit the roads again come spring. Have my Sportie on standby in the event we get riding weather again, but I am not optimistic. For posterity:

[​IMG]