Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Sucks dude, hope it didn't get scraped up too badly.. I had the same thing happen to my Sportster, but lucky for me, no damage other than the blood vessels I burst in my forehead upon returning to the scene. :fu:

2. Kookz

Kookz Senior member

I had it all fixed in about 30 minutes but it cracked the tail, so that's a bummer. It's not super noticeable though.

All in all it's been a terrible week for my bike though. Monday the upper headlight bracket broke and the whole thing nearly fell off on the highway, I had to hold it with my left hand for the 10 mile ride home (awful). Tuesday it got knocked over. Thursday I got a flat in my rear tire which I just put on 3 weeks ago (replacing another flat). Happened on the highway but only 2 miles from home so I limped it back.

3. otc

otc Senior member

Going to look at a used bike tomorrow as a potential first bike?

I've read some guides on what to look for...but any other potential wisdom?

4. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Fucking cunt!

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Ugh, that sucks. Happened to mine twice now. The first time, it "bent the frame" (steering stop tab, which is welded to the frame) and therefore would have "required" $5000 or something to fix, and my insurance company gave me the option of a new bike (and I could buy it back at auction for a few grand), fixing it, or a check for the total value of the bike (and I keep the bike). I took the check. I highly recommend Foremost insurance. [​IMG]

Currently though, mine had the battery die after it sat for 4-5 months after I bought a house and moved into it, and I found out that my prepaid maintenance contract had a time limit on it. I guess at the time I bought it I must have thought I would obviously put 15k miles on it in 2 years, but apparently that was not the case. Big waste of money, but at least I can take it out of the above check.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011

6. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

+1

7. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Some dude that lives me built this. I think everything from the seat forward is a Triumph and behind the seat is a yamaha? Chopped the front end, new fenders...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011

8. otc

otc Senior member

95% sure this will be mine next weekend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'79 KZ400 with 27k miles. Rode it around the block a few times and everything felt good (though my riding experience is limited to the MSF course) and the price may be a little high against the national average but seems good for bikes that I can get to close to the city in good working condition.

9. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Looks like a clean bike. :nodding: Do it!

10. rohde88

rohde88 Senior member

Just finished another trackday at PBIR. it was insanely hot on the black asphalt, no garages, clanky generators everywhere, but went plenty fast (160 indicated..) and no crashes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

In the past several days I've seen people actually riding sport bikes without glasses. WTF?

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

The best, I saw a guy riding an enduro bike on the street the other day, barefoot, pair of cutoff denim shorts, unbuttoned hawaiian shirt. The did, however, have a full face Shoei to protect his melon.

13. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Just received a Bell Custom 500 from Motorcycle Superstore. Damn, I love this helmet. I have a few helmets I rotate between, including a Shoei 3/4, Shark modular (just cannot cope with the full face helmet), Cromwell, and Fulmer V2, but will probably wear this Bell almost exclusively now. What helmet do you guys ride with?

14. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

I had a Shoei 1000 (I think) full face that I really liked. I used a half and shorty for several months and couldn't stand them. The full face was so much nicer. Different strokes I guess...