Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Kookz

Kookz Senior member

Well put up the Multistrada on craigslist today... sad to see her go. But I can't imagine having a motorcycle in NYC.

I ride in NYC every day, and love owning a bike here. Yes, the roads suck, and the traffic is no fun, but a short trip to CT gets you some great roads and a bike can be the fastest way to get a lot of places (especially the airports which all have free motorcycle parking).

2. otc

otc Senior member

I know it is the hyundai of motorcycles...but I like how this looks (and hyundai is making pretty good cars these days).
    [​IMG]

Of course I have zero interest in buying a *new* bike (or really, paying that much for my first bike at all) but if a used one of these were to show up, I'd consider putting it through its paces for a year or two before moving to a bigger bike.

Unfortunately it seems that there aren't a lot of these used...probably because there simply aren't a lot sold. Less interest in the naked version combined with nobody wanting to eat the depreciation on a beginner bike that they won't keep long...

3. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I ride in NYC every day, and love owning a bike here. Yes, the roads suck, and the traffic is no fun, but a short trip to CT gets you some great roads and a bike can be the fastest way to get a lot of places (especially the airports which all have free motorcycle parking).

I figured there was little point in paying to move it across the country when I am not sure about my situation yet.

If I end up still wanting a bike, I'll probably just go buy something cheap and fun like an SV650, etc.

Anyway if anyone is looking for a near pristine Multistrada 1200 in Northern California, send me a PM.

4. Big A

Big A Senior member

I'm thinking about purchasing this same bike [​IMG] the wrapped pipes look hella shweet! random question, how many mpg do you get?
    42 mpg

5. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

42 mpg

Awesome. Just curious because my drive to work one way is 60miles [​IMG] didnt want to have to stop both ways lol

6. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

But that tank

try here for tank.....seat....

BCR

7. sonomadrifter

sonomadrifter Active Member

try here for tank.....seat....

BCR

Yeah that site motivated me to get a cb, but my direction has changed.

This last weekend I started glassing my own seat since nothing seems to be made out there the in the shape I want it. Doesnt flow with this tank but it will with the next one.

[​IMG]

Oh, and crank it up:

http://vimeo.com/edwineurope/edwin-idwp

8. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Well... just sold the Multistrada 1200. Now a bit sad.

But I suppose that will open the opportunity for an RSV4 or Vyrus 986 in my future.

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Put about a thousand miles on my Sportie this past week in New Hampshire, including a trip up Route 1 from Hampton Beach close to Bar Harbor. Nice. Didn't even notice the lack of suspension on the Forty-Eight, until today.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Not my pic, but seriously thinking of swapping out my stock Scram seat for the Bonneville seat this guy from another forum has on his. This is the exact same bike as mine, save for the seat and mirror setup, and I must say, I think I prefer the look of this seat. Man, this Scrambler is one sweet bike and the exhaust note coming out of that two into one Arrow exhaust is just.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. otc

otc Senior member

12. sonomadrifter

sonomadrifter Active Member

Not my pic, but...

Great looking bike, reminded me of this:

It just screams "fun".

13. Kookz

Kookz Senior member

NYC motorcycle tax. I left it for 45 minutes, and I was parked about 5 feet behind the person that backed into it.

[​IMG]

14. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Ouch, you didn't damage it hopefully.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011