• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
Well put up the Multistrada on craigslist today... sad to see her go. But I can't imagine having a motorcycle in NYC.

I ride in NYC every day, and love owning a bike here. Yes, the roads suck, and the traffic is no fun, but a short trip to CT gets you some great roads and a bike can be the fastest way to get a lot of places (especially the airports which all have free motorcycle parking).

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know it is the hyundai of motorcycles...but I like how this looks (and hyundai is making pretty good cars these days).
2011_hyosung_gt250_-_new_bike_file_image_575_346.jpg

Of course I have zero interest in buying a *new* bike (or really, paying that much for my first bike at all) but if a used one of these were to show up, I'd consider putting it through its paces for a year or two before moving to a bigger bike.

Unfortunately it seems that there aren't a lot of these used...probably because there simply aren't a lot sold. Less interest in the naked version combined with nobody wanting to eat the depreciation on a beginner bike that they won't keep long...

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
I ride in NYC every day, and love owning a bike here. Yes, the roads suck, and the traffic is no fun, but a short trip to CT gets you some great roads and a bike can be the fastest way to get a lot of places (especially the airports which all have free motorcycle parking).

I figured there was little point in paying to move it across the country when I am not sure about my situation yet.

If I end up still wanting a bike, I'll probably just go buy something cheap and fun like an SV650, etc.

Anyway if anyone is looking for a near pristine Multistrada 1200 in Northern California, send me a PM.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unbreakable
I'm thinking about purchasing this same bike
smile.gif
the wrapped pipes look hella shweet! random question, how many mpg do you get?

42 mpg

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
42 mpg

Awesome. Just curious because my drive to work one way is 60miles
smile.gif
didnt want to have to stop both ways lol

sonomadrifter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
try here for tank.....seat....

BCR

Yeah that site motivated me to get a cb, but my direction has changed.

This last weekend I started glassing my own seat since nothing seems to be made out there the in the shape I want it. Doesnt flow with this tank but it will with the next one.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mnkymits/******/untitled-2.png

Oh, and crank it up:

http://vimeo.com/edwineurope/edwin-idwp

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well... just sold the Multistrada 1200. Now a bit sad.

But I suppose that will open the opportunity for an RSV4 or Vyrus 986 in my future.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Put about a thousand miles on my Sportie this past week in New Hampshire, including a trip up Route 1 from Hampton Beach close to Bar Harbor. Nice. Didn't even notice the lack of suspension on the Forty-Eight, until today..
ffffuuuu.gif

P7100180.jpg

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That (coulor of) sadle really finishes the look.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not my pic, but seriously thinking of swapping out my stock Scram seat for the Bonneville seat this guy from another forum has on his. This is the exact same bike as mine, save for the seat and mirror setup, and I must say, I think I prefer the look of this seat. Man, this Scrambler is one sweet bike and the exhaust note coming out of that two into one Arrow exhaust is just..
inlove.gif

p4pb6716020.jpg

Kookz

Reaction score
NYC motorcycle tax. I left it for 45 minutes, and I was parked about 5 feet behind the person that backed into it.

283481_713608665399_4801782_36050803_7812805_n.jpg

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch, you didn't damage it hopefully.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads