• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moth hole in suit - worlds most boring first post...

Erik West

Reaction score
Hi all,

Nice to write something.

I just brought a suit on ebay and I'am hoping to fix a moth hole in it. its by the side of the suit but can be noticed. My tailor says its better to leave it but i think i can do something to make it invisible.

Has anyone made a do it yourself solution that worked? I don't think there is any reweavers in Stockholm.

Best

Erik

Last edited:

Millerp

Reaction score
There's no do it yourself way to make it invincible (or even invisible).
Reweaving is the only solution. Hard to believe there are no reweavers
in a city the size of Stockholm. Keep looking. Sometimes women's dressmaking
or tailoring establishments know more about reweaving. Good luck.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find a reweaver in Stockholm but it is the penalty of trying to buy second hand for whatever reason. Caveat emptor.

Last edited:

Erik West

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to answer. Guess I will be doing some searching in tpwn tomorrow and no try to do anything home made.

kayumochi

Reaction score
I had a tailor make a moth hole or two less visible in a tweed jacket, in fact, unless you knew it was there you never would have noticed it but the fabric pattern made it easy to hide, unlike your suit.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patching, well done, might be another option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads