• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most UNDERRATED movie/actor

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm tired of all the hatin:

Underrated movie: Starship Troopers

For all its faults, and yes, there are many, and many of you will probably disagree with me- I can't help but love this movie for the blatant neo-facism, xenophobia, warmongering, NPH in an SS outfit, Michael Ironside being a complete badass, sci-fi-riffic effects, gratuitous nudity, and etc.

Underrated actor: Gary Oldman

Who else do you know who has played Sid Vicious, a minor Shakespearian character given his own movie, Lee Harvey Oswald, Dracula, A pimp who thinks he's black, a clean cop, a dirty cop (a handful), a dirty cop trying to go clean, Ludwig Van Beethoven, a russian terrorist, a futuristic arms dealer, Pontius Pilate, and a horribly disfigured (and yet alive) victim of Hannibal Lecter? Nobody but Gary Oldman.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Jeffrey Wright:

Basquait, Ali, Syriana, and every scene including him in Angels in America was fantastic.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i just dont think Tom Hanks gets the credit he deserves

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Steve Buscemi, and Dirk Bogarde isn't that recognized at least for his later roles of depraved but complicated individuals.

Also Klaus Kinski.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forrest Whittaker.
Sean Bean.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bruce Campbell
Jeroen Krabbe
Omar Sharif
Dylan Baker

I think The Living Daylights is the most underrated Bond movie, and Timothy Dalton the most underrated Bond.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I'm tired of all the hatin:

Underrated movie: Starship Troopers

For all its faults, and yes, there are many, and many of you will probably disagree with me- I can't help but love this movie for the blatant neo-facism, xenophobia, warmongering, NPH in an SS outfit, Michael Ironside being a complete badass, sci-fi-riffic effects, gratuitous nudity, and etc.

**** that, it's stupid Nazi trash....

Underrated actor: Gary Oldman

Who else do you know who has played Sid Vicious, a minor Shakespearian character given his own movie, Lee Harvey Oswald, Dracula, A pimp who thinks he's black, a clean cop, a dirty cop (a handful), a dirty cop trying to go clean, Ludwig Van Beethoven, a russian terrorist, a futuristic arms dealer, Pontius Pilate, and a horribly disfigured (and yet alive) victim of Hannibal Lecter? Nobody but Gary Oldman.
Wholeheartedly agree, funny enough, "˜The Professional' was on last night.

Jon.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Life Aquatic. Not sure what people meant by the jokes falling flat, or Wes Anderson was trying too hard. I loved this movie...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
dennis haysbert. The man just exudes "bad ass" on screen.

totally! I was just talking about him the other day...how I imagine him being just like his characters in real life, like if you were in a real crisis situation the dood would just step up, take command, and get everyone thru it in flying colors. The last words I'd expect out of his mouth would be "****, I dont what to do man"

Nonk

Reaction score
Tom Berenger, don't know why he does not get more work.

I actually like Eric Roberts and think he has much more charm and ability than his very overrated sister.

Rutger Hauer is another wasted career, someone give him some decent roles. please.

Stellan Skarsgard is an underrated gem also.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two VERY underrated actors (in the USA at least)

Max von Sydow

Jurgen Prochnow

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads