• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most stylish musicians.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a favorite? Allow me to introduce you to Malice Mizer. (these are all men, mind you)
mmizer.jpg
The Moz looks good of late, as well.
14.jpg

Brian SD

Reaction score
Hmmm.. not sure I dig the goth look. Ever. Morrisey is looking quite dapper, however. It seems the best musicians are always wearing torn up t-shirts and ill-fitting jeans with nike sneakers. Those who pay close attention to style (the Killers, every other pseudo-indie band) tend to suck. There are exceptions of course (Phoenix, who are personally outfitted by Hedi Slimane - he also designed their album cover). Interpol and Wayne Coyne (The Flaming Lips) are also exceptions. Interpol:
interpol.gif
Wayne Coyne:
story.wayne.interview.jpg

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.. not sure I dig the goth look. Ever.
I love the fact that they don't even remotely resemble human beings. Their music ruled, too. They didn't always look that dark. They switched it up quite a bit, actually.
malice_mizer.jpg

Brian SD

Reaction score
Their exaggerations are kind of neat. I'll definitely give you that.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Haha. Keith Richards is an ugly bastard but he is still the ****.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not particularly well-dressed, but so damn iconic looking.
bdo04_015.jpg

Brian SD

Reaction score
Not particularly well-dressed, but so damn iconic looking.
bdo04_015.jpg
Cedric, huh? He was a much better dresser during the ATDI days, I would say he was a major participant in the indie 70s-revival. Now he's just a dork.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. Keith Richards is an ugly bastard but he is still the ****.
Keith is my hero. Have you ever been to a Stones concert? He doesn't even know he's alive but damn can he play
biggrin.gif
He puts on really weird clothes etc. But somehow it just belongs to him.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(orbitingio @ Feb. 07 2005,14:04) Not particularly well-dressed, but so damn iconic looking. []
Cedric, huh? He was a much better dresser during the ATDI days, I would say he was a major participant in the indie 70s-revival. Now he's just a dork.
I don't know about that -- I've got a ton of their live videos, various appearances, etc. and he was almost constantly wearing this one T-shirt... Something about a "bull" on it, if I recall correctly. It had to have been filthy. The fact that he yanked at it like crazy all the time couldn't have helped, either.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy, orbitingio, I posted the same pic back in September. I saw Moz in concert last fall, he rocked a really cool shawl collar velvet jacket... Brian SD, it's hard to beat Phoenix for style, those guys are suave. Shame their single reminds me of that awful Maroon 5 song. It's true the Killers suck - I gave them some credit at some point, but that was a mistake. They are Slimane-clad on the latest cover of Spin, maybe? Weird War have a certain je nes cest qoi (sp?), and Ian Sevonius is a pedigreed indie rock name, so they've got that going for them, which is nice... Not that it's a real break from the indie-rock norm... Also, Split Enz were creative back in the day...
splitenz31ww.jpg

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by orbitingio,Feb. 07 2005,17:04
Not particularly well-dressed, but so damn iconic looking. quote] He looks like he's eating the mic. Â Who is that? Dan
There is no "looks like" involved. It's Cedric Bixler-Zavala of The Mars volta/At the Drive-In/Defacto.

oldskool

Reaction score
love the pic of morrisey. the beatles were among the best dressed i think as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads