1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Most stylish musicians.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

I nominate Gershwin and Porter: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Look at those shoes: [​IMG] Jon.

2. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

John Pizzarelli. GQ interviewed him a few years ago and I remembered him talking extensively about the way one dresses signifying an integrity and seriousness for one's craft. He even records in coat and tie, and he's even got a link to Brioni on his site: [​IMG] [​IMG] And one can not forget Edward Kennedy Ellington, given the nickname 'Duke' by his mother for dressing so fastidiously and for his regal demeanor: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

The Strokes are one of those indie bands who are fashionably vested, but musically fall short of the Mooney Suzuki.

Jack White of the White Stripes has a clearly defined sense of style, simply living his public life in red, black, and white.

4. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Distinguished Member

thracozaag
    A challenge, to be sure. Especially the time he was performing in Germany, lost all of his shirts, and asked me to get him four new ones in three days. That was waaay before you could dial 1-800-go-fedex. How slim? I'll never tell. Carlo You silly old fuddy-duddy. Thanks for making me the youngster here. Tony ... Tony? We said class, not flash. [​IMG]

5. uriahheep

uriahheep Senior Member

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Must have been a pleasure (and somewhat of a challenge) to make Lenny's shirts. How slim fitting did he like his tux shirts?
    A challenge, to be sure. Especially the time he was performing in Germany, lost all of his shirts, and asked me to get him four new ones in three days. That was waaay before you could dial 1-800-go-fedex. How slim? I'll never tell. Carlo You silly old fuddy-duddy. Thanks for making me the youngster here. Tony ... Tony? We said class, not flash. [​IMG]
    Ah Alex, if we want to make you feel old, we'll just ask about the shirts you used to make for Mr. Porter. [​IMG] Jon.

7. Crockett

Crockett Well-Known Member

I'll add another vote for Morrissey. I would love to own a suit like the one he is wearing on the cover of "You Are the Quarry". He didn't seem to have such great style during his Smiths days, though.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

A guy who has put together as many horrible outfits as he has good ones - David Bowie

I'll seond Mos Def

No Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin?

Harry Connick Jr.

9. Nick M

Nick M Distinguished Member

Don't care much for his work, but Usher is usually turned out pretty well: [​IMG]

10. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

11. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

He has a very good idea of what his style should be. Somehow it works for him, he does look cool.

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

Brian SD - I assumed that "Everything is Everything" was their single, but I may be a little behind... I've had it on the iPod and just saw the video for it the other day. Morrissey had AWESOME style back in the Smiths days. Who else could wear his own band's tshirt and a big picture of himself ironed onto his denim jacket?? [​IMG] He had some misguided moments... [​IMG] Here's the Phoenix cover: [​IMG]

13. T4phage

T4phage Distinguished Member

Hey, what about KISS.. [​IMG] [​IMG] They sure knew a thing or two about accessories.

14. Eric

Eric Senior Member

[​IMG] P. Diddy, this guy knows how to wear a suit. But doesn't it look like hes about to hump Blitzer here? Eric

15. Crockett

Crockett Well-Known Member

The whole "flowers in the back pocket" thing always confused me a bit.