• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

most popular premium streetwear brands in the US?

dumadiscount

Reaction score
I was considering writing a business plan to open a premium streetwear store in australia that stocked upcoming and popular US streetwear labels. If you were opening a store in the US in this market what labels would you stock? I'm trying to think of brands that are between the American jackass look and totally underground.

In Australia popular brands are ben Sherman, diesel, tsubi, and a little pdc.

I'm thinking of stocking brands like pdc, earnest sewn, trovata, yoko devereaux perhaps?

I guess the main consideration is that firstly it can't be widely available in Australia and secondly, the brands are well known enough that I will be able to sell the items.

all opinions appreciated.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I was going to suggest Yoko Devereaux as it seems to fit exactly like what you're trying to sell... I think you're off on a good start there. Also, Keanan Duffty, Morphine Generation (the latter being a bit overpriced perhaps, consistently rocked by the Bacsktreet Boys but cool looking nontheless
cry.gif
). We've also been talking a lot about Engineered Garments here.. always cool. Marc Jacobs may or may not fit in.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
perhaps "obedient sons", "duckie brown", "olivier helden" and that "band of outsiders' label, although i don't think it's technically streetwear

dumadiscount

Reaction score
thanks for the replies so far ill have a look into those labels

manifest v

Reaction score
surface 2 air used to be a pretty good premium street label, carried consistently by nom de guerre and such... had some awesome jackets in their start, and even had some neato minimalist looking accessories. You can find some of it being sold on yoox.

chicbicyclist

Reaction score
As a casual bystander, I've never heard of those brands before(except for the most well-known ones) and I will probably not buy them because I'm not familiar with them
tongue.gif
. (American)

phaedrus

Reaction score
dumadiscount , you've mentioned earnest sewn and PDC, these are available from places such as David Jones and there are places that stock Trovata as well, therefore you'd be competing against the larger chain stores with the same labels.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obedient Sons (problems with fulfillment though)
Troglodyte Homunculus by Groupe 16sur20
Engineered Garments
Rag & Bone
Baltazar
Yoko Devereaux
Opening Ceremony (not my cuppa tea, though)
Band of Outsiders (getting ridiculously expensive, though.)
Oliver Helden (good range, gret pricepoint)
W+H and Wings & Horns from CYC. (Canadian, but whatever.)

The brands I rep, of course, and I think that Michael J. Krell's line for S/S 2007 is showing some real maturity. I can send you a look book if you are interested.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Not very popular but truly premium and exclusive: Y-3 and / or Yohji Yamamoto y's for men / POUR HOMME.

Jon.

Yohji Yamamoto, "not really popular"....yeah he's as unknown as the Armani dude...

Babar

Reaction score
Though Yamamoto isn't a household name like Armani, the Y-3 line is pretty much a staple in most streetwear stores. Or at least it should be
smile.gif
The high end lines have more of a niche appeal I would say, not least because of the pricing. But he's definitely as well known as, say, Helmut Lang or Martin Margiela.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads