1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Most Overrated Musical Artists

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Oct 8, 2009.

1. howbah

howbah Senior member

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

The Eagles.

U2

Dudes...That's just So wrong.

Dyl

The Rolling Stones

3. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Phish or any "jam band". My good friend is really into music, as am I, but the only thing I can't stand that he listens to is those fucking jam bands. Seriously, why do you want to listen to a shitty live recording of trey vamping for 20 minutes with his shitty "crunchy" guitar tone before that other asshole takes over and spazzes out on his electric organ? Fun fact about Phish: someone else writes their lyrics, so they have no excuse.

This.

I could literally listen to any other music all day long, but 30 seconds of Phish makes me homicidal. Pointless noodling with no real balls, crappy lyrics and the Seinfeld sounding bassline. Add their stupid fans "dancing" to the mix and you have a recipe for a bloodbath.

4. eidolarr

eidolarr Well-Known Member

You should see a jam band live sometime. It might help you "get it."

Then again, if you think slap bass -> seinfeld, you've a drab musical palette. What instruments do you play?

Is there a "most underrated" thread? That would be more compelling. This discussion raw negativity, ego, ignorance, and bickering.

5. Elusive

Elusive Senior member

6. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

You should see a jam band live sometime. It might help you "get it."

Then again, if you think slap bass -> seinfeld, you've a drab musical palette. What instruments do you play?

Is there a "most underrated" thread? That would be more compelling. This discussion raw negativity, ego, ignorance, and bickering.

That's what Phish fans always say, "dude, go see them live." So I took the extra step and saw Phish in July 1998 in Columbus and they sucked. They have technical prowess, but so does Steve Vai and he's terrible. I had to listen to James Brown all the way home to get that awfulness out of my head.

I'm not sure if they qualify as "jam bands" but I have seen Karl Denson's Tiny Universe and the Greyboy Allstars before and they were awesome. I also enjoy Allman Brothers. Phish I do not understand.

7. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Plus, the guy sitting next to us decided to light a bunch of incense sticks and surround himself with them. He looked like this:

[​IMG]

Definitely not SF approved.