1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Most luxurious men's card wallet/holder wanted!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ElDorado, Nov 7, 2009.

1. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

I saw a crocodile skin Valextra wallet in a magazine some time, very classy with a satisfyingly / ridiculously high retail price. If I had the money I would be using that.

If even that was common in the circle I would move if I had that kind of money I would get a exotic skin wallet in a bright color with corners made of solid gold. Something like this ..

2. IGORSEMONOV

IGORSEMONOV Senior member

I saw a crocodile skin Valextra wallet in a magazine some time, very classy with a satisfyingly / ridiculously high retail price. If I had the money I would be using that.

If even that was common in the circle I would move if I had that kind of money I would get a exotic skin wallet in a bright color with corners made of solid gold. Something like this ..

It is no crocodile on the photo. I think it'a a lizard. Or may be it's a little cayman.
    It is no luxury, the material is cheep. Crocodile is more and more expancive.
    I could make the wallet . See my signature

3. shasta

shasta Senior member

4. ElDorado

ElDorado Member

@IGORSEMONOV I agree, it looks like lizard skin which is not really cheap but definitely not playing in the league of croc or ostrich. Thanks for your offer, your works are looking really nice and dedicated! However, I'm still looking for something of a brand which is somehow renown, rather than a bespoke design. vbmenu_register("postmenu_2635779", true);

5. Torrente

Torrente Well-Known Member

Along the lines of OP, I second Goyard and the usuall suspect Berluti...

6. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Here's a nice one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was custom made for a Texas Rock Star and ended up with a guy in NYC.

I wish I could afford something like it.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

8. IGORSEMONOV

IGORSEMONOV Senior member

If I looking for something of a brand which is somehow renown.
    I'd like to go to Berlutti, John Lobb.
    And ofcause Hermes.

9. emakris

emakris Senior member

I'm looking for a really luxurious card wallet for someone who has a particular sense of luxury and style. The person owns a Centurion card and it needs to be something truly special, likely in exotic leather (ostrich or croc). NO common luxury brands like LV, Gucci, etc…! Think Gulfstream, Veyron, Monaco, Breguet, etc. Any precise suggestion greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Are you saying the person in question can't afford asking Hermes for an one-off bespoke version of the Croc Birkin to the person's exacting spec? Tsk tsk, smalltimers...

10. ElDorado

ElDorado Member

Your suggestion of a bespoke piece from Hermes would take several months to realize besides the ridiculous costs even for a small thing, and I need something in less than a month as a gift for a good friend and business partner. Besides the fact that Hermes is kind of taboo in certain circles since you have X times the amount of fakes circulating on ebay or elsewhere. Watching Victoria B. carrying her Hermes goodies around doesn't help to improve the brand value and attractiveness neither... Thanks anyways!

11. emakris

emakris Senior member

Firstly, I assume you are not familiar with the Birkin. Secondly, your argument about the timing does not hold water; for the right price you can have anything you want when you want it.

And why would anyone think your Centurion holder would ever carry a fake?

12. NickM3

NickM3 Member

I'm looking for a really luxurious card wallet for someone who has a particular sense of luxury and style. The person owns a Centurion card and it needs to be something truly special, likely in exotic leather (ostrich or croc).

NO common luxury brands like LV, Gucci, etc...!

Think Gulfstream, Veyron, Monaco, Breguet, etc.
    Any precise suggestion greatly appreciated. Thanks!

As a gift, I would suggest something that shows the thought and effort put into finding the item. I would suggest something personalized from a quality craftsman. In my opinion a gift from Hermes or something known to be expensive seems a bit flash. Besides, just because something is expensive doesn't make it unique, something I've certainly observed living in Monaco.

13. ElDorado

ElDorado Member

@NickM3 I agree with you that a very luxurious gift with a certain understatement would be perfect, even though not easy to find. Thanks for your thoughts! @emakris Well, your approach might work in certain establishments... I suggest to call and inquire Hermes, telling them that YOU want in 4 weeks a custom made 'one-of-a-kind' piece, and let us know their answer. Money talks, but is not always the right language!

14. ElDorado

ElDorado Member

@shasta / Torrente Thanks for your suggestions. Can you point to a link with Goyard card holders/wallets in croc or ostrich? Their site does not show much... These are the designs which come close to what I have on mind so far. By Amberg, Bottega Venetta and TomFord, all in croc for around 1,000 euros each, unfortunately only lined with calf inside which is kind of inadequate in terms of style but probably reasonable for the retail price. Still searching...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

These are the designs which come close to what I have on mind so far.
    By Amberg, Bottega Venetta and TomFord, all in croc for around 1,000 euros each, unfortunately only lined with calf inside which is kind of inadequate in terms of style but probably reasonable for the retail price.

I like the TF and Amberg.

16. oshinex

oshinex Senior member

I like the TF and Amberg.

Thanks, the TF wallet ( and picture ) is mine.

17. negusnegas

negusnegas Senior member

Who are buying gifts for? Russian oligarchs? Smacks of nouveau riche...

18. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

Next time I'm in Moscow I'll see what the young russkies are buying; or Dubai. We're both thinking of working in Abu Dhabi for a few terms..tax free but we'd be stoned probably. [​IMG]

19. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member