• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most insensitive/a-holish way you've ever broken up with a girl?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
How old was this girl, by any chance? /pedobear
one year older then me. Um...31 at the time I guess. I was with her a year and a half...wasn't a pleasant relationship. Sorry to rain on the pedoparade man
smile.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
I was at a pretty large high school party back when I was a junior in high school (was like 16 at the time). Everybody was pretty intoxicated and I had this one hot ass brunette who kept feeling up on me for about an hour straight. My girlfriend was due to arrive in the next hour and this brunette kept telling me to break up with her as it would 'be worth my while'. I had only been dating the one chick for about a month and I was in high school so I really didn't care. When my girl finally arrived and was walking up to the house, I got on a megaphone, stood on a chair on the front porch and screamed "Yo Katie, it's over!" This was in front of at least 20 people who all started laughing and screaming 'OHHHHHH' and **** like that. It was bittersweet. I got laid by the brunette but the next day when the alcohol wore off I realized that was pretty ******* marsupialed on my part and embarrassed the hell out of that girl. I apologized to her and we actually remained friends so it was all gravy in the end. Ahhh, the life of a high school kid residing in the Spring Break Capital of the World.
facepalm.gif

holy **** that's brutal.
Originally Posted by dune
Took her virginity (was still a virgin myself at the time). Had sex a couple more times after that, but it quickly became apparent to me that I wasn't as into her as she was into me. Returned texts while on vacation, but didn't seek contact myself. Dumped her two minutes after she gave me my birthday present, then took her to a local bar.
Kinda similar for me. i was 16 Dated this catholic chick and sexed her after a couple of weeks. she was all "we should wait ages" but when it came down to it, i didn't even need to convince her. anyway, about a month later i was going overseas for a couple of months. Sent her one email over the 2 months, which included xmas (no present obviously). broke up with her the day i got back by txt. she was angry. What's weird is i didn't even cheat on her overseas. There were opportunities, but even in a relationship where i didn't even care enough about her to send more than one email over 2 months, i still couldn't cheat. It's not because of morals. I'm just stubborn i think.

deranged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
I once picked a girl up, carried her out my door kicking and screaming, and left her in the hall. She kept banging on the doors screaming that she was sorry and 'just gets upset when she is hungry'. So I put the little chain thing on the door, opened it a crack, passed her some yogurt and closed the door again.

Never got the spoon back. *****.

worship.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
She ******* hates me to this day. It was a pretty rough relationship, always fighting, and I was getting dumped like three times a week and racing over to her place the next morning with flowers and promising to make it right. Was kind of soul crushing. One night I was hanging out with a couple of friends, whining and moping and relaying the tales of woe, and I had this weird experience, like, I was watching myself from elsewhere in the room thinking 'if I was listening to one of my friends sound like this over a girl, I would lift him up, slap him, and tell him to grow some balls'. Vowed I would never sound like that over her again. About a week later, she picked a fight with me in a sushi restaurant, and I said 'careful. I have one fight left in me. Choose it wisely.' She let it drop, we went back to my place, and the next morning, she picked the fight....and so, as above.... Still it was after that that she went really apeshit. We bump into her occasionally, she ******* hates me. Saw her about two weeks ago at a closing party, she was talking to some cute girl, who I later went and introduced myself to. She said 'oh, youre Matt, I was just talking to your ex', and I was like 'say no more' and ejected. The week before that - and this happens about once a year - one of my friends decided to try and Reconcile Us. I think it's hilarious, so I'm down, she just turned her back on me, and gave him a solid 90 second blasting about How That Man Is Dead To Me. But at least I am free. It's great
smile.gif

deranged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
She ******* hates me to this day. It was a pretty rough relationship, always fighting, and I was getting dumped like three times a week and racing over to her place the next morning with flowers and promising to make it right. Was kind of soul crushing.

One night I was hanging out with a couple of friends, whining and moping and relaying the tales of woe, and I had this weird experience, like, I was watching myself from elsewhere in the room thinking 'if I was listening to one of my friends sound like this over a girl, I would lift him up, slap him, and tell him to grow some balls'. Vowed I would never sound like that over her again.

About a week later, she picked a fight with me in a sushi restaurant, and I said 'careful. I have one fight left in me. Choose it wisely.' She let it drop, we went back to my place, and the next morning, she picked the fight....and so, as above....

Still it was after that that she went really apeshit.

We bump into her occasionally, she ******* hates me. Saw her about two weeks ago at a closing party, she was talking to some cute girl, who I later went and introduced myself to. She said 'oh, youre Matt, I was just talking to your ex', and I was like 'say no more' and ejected. The week before that - and this happens about once a year - one of my friends decided to try and Reconcile Us. I think it's hilarious, so I'm down, she just turned her back on me, and gave him a solid 90 second blasting about How That Man Is Dead To Me.

But at least I am free. It's great
smile.gif

you are a legend.

can you post a pic of her?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
nope. never done that. Although both Fok and Manton from the forum met her...

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I once dated a very religious girl for a few months, she wanted to remain a virgin until marriage but I talked her one night into giving it up. She was really upset and crying afterwards, but she had to hurry home b/c she was on a strict curfew, and already running late. She got into a very serious accident on the way home and broke her back. I heard about it the next day, and that she was likely paralyzed. I really didn't want to get into some prolonged thing with her, so I just never went to the hospital and she finished HS with a tutor who did visits to the rehab hospital. I only ever saw her again at graduation, when she rolled across the stage and never made eye contact with me. I guess I'm the last guy she ever "felt."

Not sure if that's worse or better than this other time from college. I used to deal a few party drugs back then b/c I had some gangsta friends from Baltimore with a line into stuff. They were nice enough to me but really fucked-up dudes whom I really was actually sort of scared of, but they could get me stuff and it sold like hotcakes on an Ivy-League college campus. I had this one really hot girl I was sort of seeing; I hooked her up with scores pretty regularly and we were kind of dating, I guess. Turns out though that one night when I was visiting friends in the City she had gotten drunk and blew some dude. Pissed me off. One weekend I had my buddies up, and I had them bring some stuff we knew was tainted and would really f*** her up. When she inevitably passed out, I was like, "guys, she's all yours" and I left.

I don't really know what went down but they all thanked me later and she never spoke to me again.

Hopefully this depraved and completely fabricated **** will get this deplorable thread on the fast track to where it belongs - Squirrelville. Is it any wonder we have a culture of misogyny on here?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped returning her calls shortly after I took her virginity. Two years later I ran into her and acted like nothing at all had happened while we made some pleasant small talk. I then told her, quite honestly, that I couldn't remember her name. She slapped the living **** out of me right there in the 7-11.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I once dated a very religious girl for a few months, she wanted to remain a virgin until marriage but I talked her one night into giving it up. She was really upset and crying afterwards, but she had to hurry home b/c she was on a strict curfew, and already running late. She got into a very serious accident on the way home and broke her back. I heard about it the next day, and that she was likely paralyzed. I really didn't want to get into some prolonged thing with her, so I just never went to the hospital and she finished HS with a tutor who did visits to the rehab hospital. I only ever saw her again at graduation, when she rolled across the stage and never made eye contact with me. I guess I'm the last guy she ever "felt."

Not sure if that's worse or better than this other time from college. I used to deal a few party drugs back then b/c I had some gangsta friends from Baltimore with a line into stuff. They were nice enough to me but really fucked-up dudes whom I really was actually sort of scared of, but they could get me stuff and it sold like hotcakes on an Ivy-League college campus. I had this one really hot girl I was sort of seeing; I hooked her up with scores pretty regularly and we were kind of dating, I guess. Turns out though that one night when I was visiting friends in the City she had gotten drunk and blew some dude. Pissed me off. One weekend I had my buddies up, and I had them bring some stuff we knew was tainted and would really f*** her up. When she inevitably passed out, I was like, "guys, she's all yours" and I left.

I don't really know what went down but they all thanked me later and she never spoke to me again.

Hopefully this depraved and completely fabricated **** will get this deplorable thread on the fast track to where it belongs - Squirrelville. Is it any wonder we have a culture of misogyny on here?

I was really pissed until I quoted this. Well done.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Worse I've ever done was a breakup by email (in fairness, she was out of the country and about a 12-hour time difference removed at the time).

I've never understood what's supposedy so bad about email breakups... I had one sent to me and frankly I was glad to get.. better to see it in quiet, written form rather than having her tell you in some painful-ass situation in a restaurant or wherever. We too were in different countries, and there was the obligatory exchange of post break up phone calls and emails, but the whole thing was fairly smooth... what would be ****** is if you emailed them and just didn't communicate anything after that; the popular ideal of a swift, definitive breakups is bullshit in my opinion, it should be gradual, respect the feelings of the other person by allowing them to communicate, and then end up being kind of mutual (or let the other party think as such)

zeeth

Reaction score
Dated an exchange student, traveled back to her home country for a couple week period, left her crying in the airport, as that was where we had waited to have the "so what's going to happen?" conversation (I told her it was obvious neither of us were about to move across the world and taking it no further would be the best course of action).

And another girl I had to break-up with three times. On the third time (which was the charm), she had driven down to visit me, and I kind of realized over the weekend that I was really hating everything about the situation, and on monday I woke her up before I went to work, and told her not to be there when I got back because we were done.

But really, I'm a total sweetheart. When it's time to go though, it's time to go, and I rarely seem to date girls who see it as coldly as I often do.

Don't talk to the first girl, and the second one messaged me just today, but I've avoided reading it thus far.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dated a girl for a year and a half. We went to England together for a few weeks, and toward the end she starts talking about getting married at the court, and then have a big reception a few years later when we could afford it and our parents wouldn't freak out. Suffice it to say that I wasn't ready. At all.

A few months later, after more and more pushing, I break up with her. We're at separate schools, so it only makes sense for it to be over the phone. It doesn't turn out as awful as it could have. Two weeks later, I'm home, drunk, hanging out with family and friends, when I head down to go to sleep. I wake up with my now ex girlfriend sitting on my bed looking gorgeous and being really sweet. We talk, have a wonderful night, and follow it up with great sex. I ask her to take me back while still fairly drunk.

The next morning I have to drive back up to school. My mom pulls me aside, calls me a moron, and then I leave. By the next day, I realize that it was an awful idea, my mom was right, and I should fix the problem before she gets too attached to the idea of us being together again. I call her again, say that it was a mistake, and then go on my way happy that I've just fixed a potential disaster. It turned out to be her birthday, while she was at ACL. She still hates me, though it's looking like things might eventually turn around.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once dated a very religious girl for a few months, she wanted to remain a virgin until marriage but I talked her one night into giving it up. She was really upset and crying afterwards, but she had to hurry home b/c she was on a strict curfew, and already running late. She got into a very serious accident on the way home and broke her back. I heard about it the next day, and that she was likely paralyzed. I really didn't want to get into some prolonged thing with her, so I just never went to the hospital and she finished HS with a tutor who did visits to the rehab hospital. I only ever saw her again at graduation, when she rolled across the stage and never made eye contact with me. I guess I'm the last guy she ever "felt." Not sure if that's worse or better than this other time from college. I used to deal a few party drugs back then b/c I had some gangsta friends from Baltimore with a line into stuff. They were nice enough to me but really fucked-up dudes whom I really was actually sort of scared of, but they could get me stuff and it sold like hotcakes on an Ivy-League college campus. I had this one really hot girl I was sort of seeing; I hooked her up with scores pretty regularly and we were kind of dating, I guess. Turns out though that one night when I was visiting friends in the City she had gotten drunk and blew some dude. Pissed me off. One weekend I had my buddies up, and I had them bring some stuff we knew was tainted and would really f*** her up. When she inevitably passed out, I was like, "guys, she's all yours" and I left. I don't really know what went down but they all thanked me later and she never spoke to me again. Hopefully this depraved and completely fabricated **** will get this deplorable thread on the fast track to where it belongs - Squirrelville. Is it any wonder we have a culture of misogyny on here?
Excellent work. This really riled me.

k9n

Reaction score

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Beta

Reaction score
So last sunday im hanging out with my buddy and his chick at the pool. He's been bitching about her and has told me today is her last day. All day this chick has no idea its coming. We go back to the house, he bangs her, breaks up with her, THEN makes her take a Plan B. Makes her swallow it in front of him.

I was sitting on the couch. Taking photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics