• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most F'ed Up Movie You've Ever Watched?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Was Hills Have Eyes gore Appreciation? There was no torture or anything. Gore, yes, but not Hostel or Saw or anything. I can stand gore, just not torture.

The "burn the father alive in front of the entire family" scene was obnoxiously long and drawn out to the point where it just became annoying. Now that I think about it, I'm confusing a few scenes from the Hills pt2. That sequel was a total shock-joke. The opening birth scene, the monster-**** scene, etc... all crap that could have been done better.

FWIW - I have no problem with gore-Appreciation if that's the intended purpose of the movie, like Slaughtered Vomit Dolls or the August Underground series. I just have a problem when an originally awesome, scary movie is remade into a cheap, tacky shell of it's former self. Extra blood doesn't make up for bad acting/writing.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man Bites Dog, a twisted French picture. Very dark and disturbing.

clarity

Reaction score
Eraserhead. The mood alone that film creates between the visual and music/noise is just awesome. Not many films make me feel creeped out like that one.

Also Rosemary's Baby.

I've seen Requiem for a Dream but don't remember much because I was so drunk when watching it. Cannibal Holocaust was just, eh, a downer because you knew those animals were real. The story was alright. I generally don't picture gory/slasher films as fucked up, they are just films to shock you or gross you out, not make you think "wow wtf?"

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget if I've posted these, but

Sweet Movie
Delicatessen
Short Bus

The first two are french, Short Bus was filmed in New York.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
men behind the sun, allthough not for its realism in the movie but for the fact that all of it happened irl.. I shudder to think of it happening....

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Forget if I've posted these, but

Short Bus

The first two are french, Short Bus was filmed in New York.

Why did you think short bus was fucked up? I mean there is a guy ******* in his own mouth, but its more just sexually graphic then what I'd consider fucked up necessarily.

hammer07

Reaction score
Deuce Bigolo 2. Don't ask me...I saw it on a plane and have regretted it ever since.

JPYPSU07

Reaction score
KIDS - was ANYONE not disturbed by this movie?

Requiem for a Dream

Reaction score
r kelly's trapped in the closet

minus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Ichi the killer and cannibal halocaust.

Both films were unpleasant experiences in general.

Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
somewhere between "meet the feebles" and "pig-******* movie"

There are two films I had in my collection that my girlfriend at the time watched one afternoon and was mad at me for about a week after. "Meet The Feebles" is one of them.

"Straw Dogs" was the other.

IMO, it's Hoffman at his best.

Originally Posted by petitnoblesse
Hands down El Topo, without a doubt. Here is the trailer, it is a bit long...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Alejandro Jodorowsky FTW! Of his works, I'd say "Santa Sangre" came close to being as completely fucked up as this, but nothing he made really tops it.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burn After Reading.

Very annoying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads