• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most Expensive Jeans

NYC EXCLUSIVE SHOP

Reaction score
The most valuable pair of jeans in the WORLD were made by LEVI STRAUSS COMPANY.
Aged at over 115 years old, the 501 jeans were sold on JUNE 15th 2005, by U.S. citizen Randy Knight.
Jeans were sold online via EBAY'S online auction to an anonymous collector from Japan for $60,000
$60,000 for one pair of jeans.... hmmmmm....

APO jeans in the U.S. reportedly make the most expensive and exclusive jeans in the industry.

At a bargain price of $1,000, you can purchase men's or ladies jeans with silver buttons and rivets.

Top that amount up to$1,500 and you can buy men's or ladies jeans withwhite or yellow gold button and rivets.

At$3,250 - men's or ladies jeans withplatinum button and rivets.

But it doesn't end there as they also make a pair of jeans for both men and women with diamond button and rivets. The price? A cool $4,000!

Along with each pair of these APO jeans comes an authenticity number and an appraisal sheet from a top jeweler from the New York diamond district.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's that P.T. Barnum line again...
confused.gif

Jon.

v0rtex

Reaction score
So you're buying some expensive buttons with some jeans attached? That's cheating...

Reminds me of that hotel which offers the "$28,000(?) martini" which consists of a $27,995 diamond floating in a $5 drink.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by v0rtex
So you're buying some expensive buttons with some jeans attached? That's cheating...

I don't think I agree. A major part of clothes' cost are the raw materials that go into them. How is paying for expensive buttons any different from paying for expensive selvage denim, or expensive Super 180s suit fabric? If clothes' price = raw materials + labor, of course when you start to talk astronomical prices, the more expensive clothing is going to be made of more expensive stuff. Unless a tailor is straight-up lazy, it only takes so long to sew together a suit.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think there is some sort of accepted ratio as to what certain parts of the clothing should cost, and when it goes too far out of that ratio the value goes down. It doesn't make sense for the hardware to cost 100x as much as the denim itself.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYC EXCLUSIVE SHOP
The most valuable pair of jeans in the WORLD were made by LEVI STRAUSS COMPANY.
Aged at over 115 years old, the 501 jeans were sold on JUNE 15th 2005, by U.S. citizen Randy Knight.
Jeans were sold online via EBAY'S online auction to an anonymous collector from Japan for $60,000
$60,000 for one pair of jeans.... hmmmmm....

What they don't tell you is that the actual auction was only for $300, but the buyer actually emailed the seller after the auction saying that he was the assistant for the former president of a small African country who was in terrible need of help (and a pair of jeans)...see...he would gladly deposit $60,000 into the seller's bank account, with which the seller could deduct the amount owed for the jeans then write him a check to covered the overage...
rimshot.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I think there is some sort of accepted ratio as to what certain parts of the clothing should cost, and when it goes too far out of that ratio the value goes down. It doesn't make sense for the hardware to cost 100x as much as the denim itself.

I hear you and certainly wouldn't buy jeans with silver buttons...

However, I would seriously consider having a blue blazer made with 14K or 18K gold buttons

NYC EXCLUSIVE SHOP

Reaction score
Yoropiko are a new brand of jeans from Martin Ksohoh, the guy behind the Red Monkey Company. To ensure that these new jeans stand out in an already overcrowded denim marketplace he has decided to make a feature of the buttons which are crafted from silver and gold and are inset with rubies, sapphires and diamonds.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
didn't martin ksosoh threaten kiya when self edge didn't want to carry yoropiko? i remember that being a funny story...

did he draw his tag out on powerpoint, or what?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're barking up the wrong tree man. Most of us here don't do the BAPEier side of streetwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics