1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Most essential black belt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hi123, Aug 12, 2018.

1. hi123

hi123 Active Member

I need to buy a good but affordable black belt.

I can only get one so, what do you think is the most essential belt for a young finance professional?

Any recommendations in London?

I was considering the following one from Equus in all of it's default options.
    http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/all-our-belts/mayfair-bridle-leather-belt.html

However, I don't know if perhaps a different width would be better.
    I'm practically looking for a belt that I can use for most situations because it's the only black one I will have for some time.

Would I go for polished or satin buckle finish?

Thank you very much for your help :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018

2. ShooIn

ShooIn Senior Member

I think it would be worth posing the question in the Equus thread. Charlie and Dawn have been a reliable source of advice, and I'm sure would be happy to help. My own take on the belt you are considering is that it would be a little more difficult to use in more casual fits, but would work well at the office. I love my Equus belt, and would not hesitate to buy again.