• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most durable sneakers?

theshonen8899

Reaction score
I'm searching for the most durable pair of sneakers that can match with just about any outfit. My old pairs of converse are pretty roughed up so I need something for when I too lazy to match an outfit.

So...I've heard PF Flyers and New Balance being pretty tough. I don't really like the look of New Balance though mainly 'cause of that extremely huge N.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of my running shoes are New Balance. My oldest pair is now approaching 6 years old. Other than the wear on the outsole, they're still structurally sound. I bought a pair of 2001, which is the best one they make. The 2000 series have been known to last more than 10 years with moderate wear.

Arnold_Horseshack

Reaction score
my converse hitops rule!!!!!! ive had em for 5 years and their my brothers before that

chrysalid

Reaction score
i got a pair of copper coloured adidas galaxy's, made out of sort of a plasti-coated leatherish material, and they seem to be impossible to kill.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arnold_Horseshack
my converse hitops rule!!!!!! ive had em for 5 years and their my brothers before that
You obviously do not abuse your shoes or do much walking then. Converse suck for durability.

simpli

Reaction score
I've found the soles are usually the first thing to go, I have a pair of Superstars that have been hell and back, but the sole is still attached. Still comfortable as can be.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
From a durability standpoint, most of the high-end New Balances will outlast the competition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads