Most durable sneakers?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by theshonen8899, Oct 12, 2006.

1. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

I'm searching for the most durable pair of sneakers that can match with just about any outfit. My old pairs of converse are pretty roughed up so I need something for when I too lazy to match an outfit.

So...I've heard PF Flyers and New Balance being pretty tough. I don't really like the look of New Balance though mainly 'cause of that extremely huge N.

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

All of my running shoes are New Balance. My oldest pair is now approaching 6 years old. Other than the wear on the outsole, they're still structurally sound. I bought a pair of 2001, which is the best one they make. The 2000 series have been known to last more than 10 years with moderate wear.

3. Arnold_Horseshack

Arnold_Horseshack Well-Known Member

my converse hitops rule!!!!!! ive had em for 5 years and their my brothers before that

4. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

i got a pair of copper coloured adidas galaxy's, made out of sort of a plasti-coated leatherish material, and they seem to be impossible to kill.

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

my converse hitops rule!!!!!! ive had em for 5 years and their my brothers before that
    You obviously do not abuse your shoes or do much walking then. Converse suck for durability.

6. simpli

simpli Active Member

I've found the soles are usually the first thing to go, I have a pair of Superstars that have been hell and back, but the sole is still attached. Still comfortable as can be.

7. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

From a durability standpoint, most of the high-end New Balances will outlast the competition.