• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most drinkable cheap booze in your opinion?

gelassenheit

Reaction score
A $2 can of Sparks will take you far.

k9n

Reaction score
E-dubb (Evan Williams) is good for the price

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
sobieski vodka

- 8 bucks for a fifth
- goes down easy; makes a decent mixer
- can be found at most grocery stores / 7-11s
- recipient of countless gold medals / awards of dubious credibility

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the last few months my blood has probobly been about 5-7% Smirnoff and National Bohemian.

Fobulush

Reaction score
Originally Posted by euler
has anyone tried the trader joe's simpler times lager? I've heard it's pretty good and $3.99 a six-pack..
I think i saw these for 2.99. I've been drinking these pretty consistently since I've been too lazy to go to the asian supermarket. Every once in a while, they'll have 12 packs of kirin/asahi/sapporo for 6.99, which is a steal. The old asian moms always look at me funny when I push my shopping cart of 6 boxes of beer through the register.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's considered "cheap"?

I like Stoli - it's pretty versatile and I can have it on the rocks.

I'm starting to take Canadian Club on the rocks simply because I'm trying to ween myself off the caffeine in Diet Coke as a mixer (yes I'm weight conscious).

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fwiffo
What's considered "cheap"?

I like Stoli - it's pretty versatile and I can have it on the rocks.

I'm starting to take Canadian Club on the rocks simply because I'm trying to ween myself off the caffeine in Diet Coke as a mixer (yes I'm weight conscious).

I'm not exactly sure what that last part means. I'm unsure of the link between caffeine dependence and weight-consciousness. But anyhow, if you're weight conscious, you really shouldn't drink alcohol. It isn't so much the caloric intake from alcohol (which is about 100 calories a shot if i remember correctly), but the marsupialation of the metabolism. Studies have shown that the slurred metabolism can last as much as 7 hours after drinking. Just saying.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amnesiac
I'm not exactly sure what that last part means. I'm unsure of the link between caffeine dependence and weight-consciousness. But anyhow, if you're weight conscious, you really shouldn't drink alcohol. It isn't so much the caloric intake from alcohol (which is about 100 calories a shot if i remember correctly), but the marsupialation of the metabolism. Studies have shown that the slurred metabolism can last as much as 7 hours after drinking. Just saying.

I used to drink Smirnoff Ice before I went to London to work and grab margaritas and tonnes of other fruity drinks. Then I settled on Cape Cods (still high sugar from cranberry juice) and then went to Stoli & Diet soda. But the caffeine is killing me if I get 5 or 6, I don't usually sleep till midnight or after.

I read all the pitfalls about drinking & weight loss. However, if I had to choose between eating or drinking for the rest of my life; it'd have to be drinking.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Seagrams 7. Can be had for about $12 for a fifth. Basically any Canadian Whiskey tastes pretty smooth to me.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Good stuff, the 114 is very very good as well.

Old Grand Dad is legit. My first few times getting truly hammered were this this stuff. The 114 knocks you on your ass. Kept me very warm in DC... hard to find out here.

AgWagon

Reaction score
I've seen a few shouts for Tito's here and they are well deserved. But let me tell you I've been drinking the stuff since it first came out like 5 yrs ago and its price has increased 50% in that time. I used to get a handle for ~$20 iirc. THAT was f'ing value!

Still the best vodka out there, period.

surfnbank

Reaction score
Beer Steele Reserve. Generally 6 bucks for a 12 pack and 8.1% what more could you want. Hard liquor Burnett's Vodka is pretty good for 12 for a handle and they have a lot of flavors to boot.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by martijnnum1
cheap bear from wallmart haha

scott%20in%20costume_jpg_t285.jpg

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AgWagon
I've seen a few shouts for Tito's here and they are well deserved. But let me tell you I've been drinking the stuff since it first came out like 5 yrs ago and its price has increased 50% in that time. I used to get a handle for ~$20 iirc. THAT was f'ing value!

Still the best vodka out there, period.

Well I just bought my first bottle like 2 weeks ago and I won't buy anything else from now on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads