• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most cotton clothing is GENETICALLY MODIFIED... ****The Official List of GM-Free Cotton Clothing****

4characters

Reaction score
For those who care: Today we live in a world where over 90% of all cotton is genetically modifyed....

but not all cotton clothing is GM...

some companies still stand by quality and tradition:

IRON HEART:

"We use NO GM cotton in any of our products(Iron Heart)." made with U.S. cotton.

Pure Blue Japan:

"Our cotton is not genetically modified(Pure Blue Japan)."

Industry of All Nations

100% organic Indian cotton!!! Natural Indigo shirts, hand-loomed denim jeans, etc... and more...
save an Indian farmers life check this out!

Old Blue Denim:

there Organic Indigo Indian Selvedge Jeans are saving lives

Nudie Jeans:

"All our denim ( jeans and denimjackets) are made from organic cotton, as well as all our t-shirts including backboneprogram which also has underwear. The backbone program are made of fairtrade organic cotton.
Some of our other items such as shirts are also made of organic cotton, but we have not reached 100% yet due to low quanity of order and fabric qualities we decided to have. We hope that we will be able all our shirts as well in organic cotton in the future(Nudie Jeans)."

Nudie also sorces some of there cotton from india... save that farmer!

http://shop.organiccottoncolours.com/es/ropa-y-complementos.html?cat=645&p=1 :

Organic Color Grown Cotton! It gets brighter colors with use! BRIGHTENS, not fades! This is realy interesting stuff.

http://www.fairindigo.com/index.php/fair_trade/Men_Organic :

Organic cotton shirts with gentle dyes and classic nature/farmer graphics. Made in USA

http://www.jungmaven.com/shop :

Organic cotton/hemp shirts, and sweatshirts. Made in USA
Hemp: uses less water, dosen't need herbicydes/pesticydes, is more durable, and, unless I'm mistaken, is naturally GM-free.

https://www.onnotextiles.com/bamboo-t-shirts :

Sustainable T-shirts... Organic cotton, Hemp, and Bamboo.

http://www.emperorthreads.com/pages/the-story :

T-shirts/sweatshirts Hemp/Organic cotton Made In USA

http://www.patagonia.com/us/search//organic?k=&ps=all&ts :

Does many Organics

Naked&Famous:

N&F told me they don't know about GM cotton in there products and they haven't gotten back with me since then.
however, N&F has an organic line and an ELS line.
I bet they either use no GM cotton or very little, due the the quality of there cotton clothing.

Gustin:

"To our Knowledge, the mills we buy from in Japan, Italy and the US do not use GM cotton(Gustin)."
In other words they don't know... but they do use some organics..
I bet they either use no GM cotton or very little, due the the quality of there cotton clothing.

Levis:

has an organic line

when asked about Levis pollicy on GM-cotton, they responded with:
"We sincerely appreciate your interest. Due to the volume of requests for information we receive, we aren’t able to provide detailed answers to specific questions about our company(Levi Strauss & Co)."

All organics are GMO-free by definition

Also GM-free types of cotton include Extra Long Staple (ELS) Cottons:
-Pima Cotton
-Sea Island Cotton
-Egyptian Cotton
-Indian Suvin
-Chinese Xinjiang
-Sudanese Barakat

-Russian Tonkovoloknistyi
and the short fibered color-grown cotton.

To be updated...

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
It's best that you look it up, this is not going to be a GM debate forum.

If you do look it up, Try to look on .org websites
.com websites can sometimes be misleading on sutch issues

4characters

Reaction score
I have contacted most of the quality denim companies I can think of, I am expecting a similar GM-free cotton responce from Samurai and Pure Blue Japan. I will be sure to post any responce as soon as I can get them.

If you can think of any companies that I should contact, let me know and i'll do my best to find out there GM status.

If this topic interests you, stay posted; There is more to come...

4characters

Reaction score
I just contacted Flat Head and Levis Made and Crafted. I realy like Flat Head, they make realy nice denim, made in japan... I also think that Levis M&C makes atleast most of there clothing in the USA.

4characters

Reaction score
No Comment...

4characters

Reaction score
If anyone is wondering why it says "more to come" many times on page #2 and #3, its because the SUBMIT button was lagging so I clicked it many times.....

Than I reloaded the page.... and oh dear! are there realy 40 posts!?!?!?!

Oops....

I'll try to fill them in with info though.

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
Still waiting on Samurai, Nudie, Levis M&C, Flat Head, Pure Blue Japan, and Old Blue...

Pretty confedent most of them are totally GM-free, but still getting a statment of assurance if I can.

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
It is also pretty telling when companies like Levis act like they don't have the time to even say: yea we use GM cotton....

I pretty much allready knew that levis uses mostly GM cotton when they do a "Signiture line" just for Wallmart.... Again, Levis does do an organic line though, so they have something for everyone I suppose...

Actually, I would realy like to get the Levis 501xx organic green line selvedge jeans.

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
I also emailed Naked and Famous.. they seem like very nice people, but the person I contacted diden't know if N&F uses any GM cotton... I am asking them to please ask there supplier...

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
Naked and Famous denim is made in Canada with selvedge denim made in Japan.

The reason I am proud to have just perchased a pair of N&F organic natural indigo jeans is because the wages in both countries are actualy even higher than the wages in the US....

Minimum hourly wages

Japan:$9.16

Canada:$9.76

sorce:OECD

Hear is a picture of the same jeans I have to be delivered in a few days...
realy cool natural indigo dyed denim! GM-free, like they were made in the 1800's with natural indigo!

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
Advise: If we have dry denim that we think is GM the best thing we can do is to wash it!
some of the commonly accepted drawbacks of GM cotton is that it contains residue from Roundup(similar to Agent Orange) or other harmfull defolents and pesticydes. washing the cotton should take off much of the chemicals.

also, I'v been reading about a GM rash that dosen't go away, I have no idea of what to make of this...
if interested: just look up GMO rash or:
http://farmwars.info/?p=6920

I'm not going to vouch for any of this info, but it may be worth looking into...

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
Industry of All Nations!!!

100% organic Indian cotton!!! Natural Indigo shirts, jeans, etc... and more...
save an Indian farmers life check this out!

Jeans:
Natural indigo dyed organic cotton 100% hand loomed Indian denim, assembled in USA! $195

Shirts:
100% organic Indian cotton dyed with natural Indigo and other natural dyes!!!!! $55

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads