1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Most cotton clothing is GENETICALLY MODIFIED... ****The Official List of GM-Free Cotton Clothing****

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by 4characters, Jun 3, 2013.

1. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Pima cotton is a fascinating fiber.

"Pima cotton has a smooth silky feeling, which is why it is known as the «silk of South America».
    In addition to high quality of the fibers, the plant itself is fungus-resistant, requiring fewer pesticides needed, which is much better for the environment.
    Quality you can feel

Our top quality Pima cotton provides many product benefits. There is reduced fraying and peeling on the finished products because of the long cotton fibers(blacksocks.com)."

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

This is a discussion forum and literally nobody wants to talk to you about this. Why are you still here?

1 person likes this.
  3. 4characters

2,809 views in just over 2 weeks! This forum is doing much better than I could have hoped! I have been getting lots of positive feedback and tips from the Style forum community.
    Many of us would prefer to be GM-free if we were empowered to do so. This is why we will continue to work on our community empowerment resource thread.

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I've learned so much from this thread. Thanks 4char.

5. barrangadang

barrangadang Well-Known Member

Literally hundreds of studies showing that GMOs crops are SAFE to consume, let alone wear. The day my sweater tries to eat me is the day I'll even remotely consider GM cotton a health/environmental concern.

6. 4characters

Your sweater will never try to eat you.

Pima Cotton sweaters are also nice though; Softer and up to 40% more durable.

7. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

40% more durable? Wow!

8. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Can someone please shut this shit down? This thread, I mean. It's embarrassing.

3 people like this.
  9. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

I can't stop watching..

1 person likes this.
  10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Lots of people like to slow down and look at car wrecks too.

7 people like this.
  11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Have you looked at the view count of other threads in this forum? That is not a lot.

12. 4characters

Nice! I enjoy your sense of dark humor.

13. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

7 people like this.
  14. 4characters

Flannel sheets are wonderful.... Supima cotton flannel sheets are even more wonderful!
    Supima:
    - Longer fibers
    - Softer
    - Up to 40% more durable
    - Needs less pesticides
    - ELS cotton is GM-free

I currently sleep in BT cotton flannel sheets, but when my sheets ware out, I think I will try to get Pima cotton flannel sheets.
    I found a couple of websites that should be helpful for my fellow flannel sheet lovers....

#1.
    http://www.garnethill.com/hemstitched-supima-cotton-flannel-sheets/10357?listIndex=1&cm_mmc=Paid%20Search-_-GooglePLA-_-HOME%3EBEDDING%3EFLANNEL%3ESOLID-_-19512&SourceCode=K3W44B&zmam=53113079&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=19512-WEATKGFL&gclid=CMS4oOXH-rcCFe9xQgod7XgATw

#2.

http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.H195930.html?item=H195930&ref=GAS&tpl=detail&cm_ven=GOOGLESHOPPINGFEED&cm_cat=For%20the%20Home&cm_pla=Bedding&cm_ite=H195930-122-000&adtype=pla

15. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Rockin! I was just about to post a question about supima cotton flannel sheets... but you answered all my burning questions. Thx bro!

1 person likes this.
  16. 4characters

Anytime, I'm getting a little lonely hear though.
    I know I'm not the only person hear getting bored with plain homogenized GMO junk cotton.

I’m ready to hand off the torch now...
    Let’s get some more posts hear about quality natural cotton varieties like:

-Pima

-Zimbabwe

-Egyptian

-ELS

-Color grown

ETC....

Thanks Style Forum community

17. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Ok I'll; take the baton...

Egyptian cotton is a wonderful type of cotton. The ancient pharaohs used to clothe their exotic looking housecats in Egyptian cotton. It is so, so cool. More info coming soon on Egyptian cotton, the cotton of the Pharoahs!!!!

2 people like this.
  18. 4characters

Two tips for a GMO-Free wardrobe:

Tip #1. Buy Quality
    - High quality cotton has not been modified, just low grade cotton.
    - Most quality cottons either have a sheen, silky softness, or extended durability.
    - Companies like Iron Heart, P.B.J., and Samurai all use quality (ELS) Cotton.
    - Mostly any men's store is just full of quality cottons; many department stores also use some quality ELS cottons.
    To judge if a cotton garment is GM or not, the best way is to feel it. If it looks and feels like high quality cotton, than it most likely is.... Quality GM-free cotton.

Or

Tip #2. Buy Organic
    -Organics are never GMO

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  19. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

I have linen sheets from Linoto that are durable and soft. Still going strong after about four years of almost continuous use.

1 person likes this.