1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Most common style mistakes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GatorStyle, Mar 20, 2002.

1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

How original. Pink shirts. Oh wow.

You are a cheapskate wanna be.

[​IMG] I'm with musicguy here. WTF are you talking about?

Does pink somehow appear disingenuous to you? That seems like it might be a slightly more deep-rooted issue for you.

2. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Senior member

[​IMG] I'm with musicguy here. WTF are you talking about?

Does pink somehow appear disingenuous to you? That seems like it might be a slightly more deep-rooted issue for you.

Yeah, they look gay and every one wears them.

It does not make you look modern and trendy. It makes you look like a conformist.

Oh lawd.... SF is full of fail.

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, they look gay and every one wears them.

It does not make you look modern and trendy. It makes you look like a conformist.

Oh lawd.... SF is full of fail.

I think ThatGuy is talking about Pink...as in Thomas Pink. Everyone else talking about the color pink.

4. bourbonbasted

I think ThatGuy is talking about Pink...as in Thomas Pink. Everyone else talking about the color pink.

[​IMG] I think that would actually make more sense (somehow).

5. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Sheesh, that's really funny if he meant Thomas Pink.

6. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I have that same shirt from modern tailor, one of my favorites.

7. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Ace, I am jealous of your flat stomach. Please enjoy for me buddy. I have to lose 30 lbs to be beautiful again.
    Thank God for 4" ties to hide a multitude of my sin.

8. MadAboutPlaid

MadAboutPlaid Senior member

I do think generally girls and women have very very very bad taste of men's clothing

This is a huge dilemma for me, because you are right. Admittedly, a big part of the reason I like to look good is for the ladies - but they would rather see a guy in cheesy jeans and an Affliction t-shirt.

9. acecow

acecow Senior member

Ace, I am jealous of your flat stomach. Please enjoy for me buddy. I have to lose 30 lbs to be beautiful again.
    Thank God for 4" ties to hide a multitude of my sin.

Just say no to junk food. [​IMG]

10. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

You might be the worst poster in this forum's history, and abc123 posts here. Yes, Rick Owens and Raf Simons are grunge you dope. You should have retired after your waywt.
    Hay, just because you bought so much of that shit, don't take it out on me!

11. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

For me RO is the goto brand for leathers simply because of the sleeve length. I'm 6'4 but very slim and have very long arms. RO fits me absolutely perfectly whereas other brands in the same/similar price range do not.

I do agree the long sleeve is excellent for tall gents, has anyone compare the leather between Rick Owen and other leather brand such as Lewis Leather?

12. blahman

blahman Senior member

#1 Style mistake is not wearing your shit with confidence.

Style is 80% from within and 20% in what you wearing.

I have not seen any stylish person not carry this alpha as phuck aura.

13. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

This is a huge dilemma for me, because you are right. Admittedly, a big part of the reason I like to look good is for the ladies - but they would rather see a guy in cheesy jeans and an Affliction t-shirt.

I am not too sure with my following idea, but I do think women in their young age does not like their men to dress 'nice'. Firstly it attracts other woman's attention; Secondly it puts a pressure on the women to dress better each time. I am sorry to the female SF members, most UK girls are actually bad on their own fashion. Too tight skirt / Ugg in Summer / Hoodie / leggings in large posture are around every single British town, it is disgusting.

I do think unless your girl is 'very' well dress, the others can't take shit from a well dressed gent for some reason.

14. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Out of topic:

Are Thomas Pink shirts any nice? Or disastrous?

Pink Shirts are very nice if you match it well with your outfit, but I don't like pink shirt with white collar, especially button down, they look good on nobody

15. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Senior member

[​IMG] I think that would actually make more sense (somehow).

Sheesh, that's really funny if he meant Thomas Pink.

Sorry ladies.

Pink shirts.

You think you're looking stylish and modern, yeah? Infact, it has been overly done and is very corny.

Oh snap!

16. vltsai

vltsai Member

Pants too low, creating way too much of a break. Wear it at the actual waistline!

17. bourbonbasted

I am not too sure with my following idea, but I do think women in their young age does not like their men to dress 'nice'. Firstly it attracts other woman's attention; Secondly it puts a pressure on the women to dress better each time. I am sorry to the female SF members, most UK girls are actually bad on their own fashion. Too tight skirt / Ugg in Summer / Hoodie / leggings in large posture are around every single British town, it is disgusting.

I do think unless your girl is 'very' well dress, the others can't take shit from a well dressed gent for some reason.

I am lucky enough to be dating one of these illusive "well dressed" females. She always looks great and is very outspoken about how much she enjoys my attention to detail and passion for dressing well. That being said, everything she knows about "quality" menswear she has learned from dating me. Beforehand she would see a guy in a tailored H&M suit and think he was the belle of the ball without having any understanding of why a synthetic blend suit is an atrocious idea.

Being in my early twenties, I know I am lucky to be having the experience of dating a girl that thinks this way. But I will also say that living in the Southern US, most guys are a lot more prone to wearing collars and loafers as a default. The only difference is that while they opt for the double pleats and baggy dress shirts, I opt for well tailored clothing and superior fabrics. IMHO if you're standing in a line full of ill-tailored schlubs at a bar, being the one with well-fitting clothes makes you stand out far more to young women. Again, however, this may be a geographical symptom rather than a universal outlook.

18. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I am lucky enough to be dating one of these illusive "well dressed" females. She always looks great and is very outspoken about how much she enjoys my attention to detail and passion for dressing well. That being said, everything she knows about "quality" menswear she has learned from dating me. Beforehand she would see a guy in a tailored H&M suit and think he was the belle of the ball without having any understanding of why a synthetic blend suit is an atrocious idea.

Being in my early twenties, I know I am lucky to be having the experience of dating a girl that thinks this way. But I will also say that living in the Southern US, most guys are a lot more prone to wearing collars and loafers as a default. The only difference is that while they opt for the double pleats and baggy dress shirts, I opt for well tailored clothing and superior fabrics. IMHO if you're standing in a line full of ill-tailored schlubs at a bar, being the one with well-fitting clothes makes you stand out far more to young women. Again, however, this may be a geographical symptom rather than a universal outlook.

Well done on your 'find', I once purchase a Norwegian sole oxford for my ex. That is the only thing where she would realized construction prevails.[​IMG]

19. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Being in my early twenties, I know I am lucky to be having the experience of dating a girl that thinks this way.
    But I will also say that living in the Southern US, most guys are a lot more prone to wearing collars and loafers as a default. The only difference is that while they opt for the double pleats and baggy dress shirts, I opt for well tailored clothing and superior fabrics. IMHO if you're standing in a line full of ill-tailored schlubs at a bar, being the one with well-fitting clothes makes you stand out far more to young women. Again, however, this may be a geographical symptom rather than a universal outlook.

You won't be saying this when you have to start buying shit for her.

20. bourbonbasted

You won't be saying this when you have to start buying shit for her.

[​IMG] This is probably very true. At press time she finances all her own looks. She comes from a considerable amount of wealth so hopefully her bloodline will finance the majority of her indulgences. However, perhaps I'll turn to the Powers that Be on SF when contemplating a more serious purchase in the future.