1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Most common style mistakes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GatorStyle, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Augustus Davies

Augustus Davies Senior member

j said,

Pants are supposed to come to your waist, which is a bit below your navel. Does it make you feel better about yourself to buy the ones with a smaller number inside and then hang your gut over the top? Pants also are supposed to hang to the bottom of your shoe, more or less. No sock showing, no extra piles of fabric. It's really very simple.

The waist on most people is above navel. And waist IS above the hip bone..What you are describing is wearing pants on your hips.

Dress pants: On the waist, which is above the hip bone.

Khakis: Slightly below the hip bone.

Jeans: Lower than the khakis, to the crack of your ass or above your pubic bone depending on your build.

2. blahman

blahman Senior member

Yes it was, rather remote as well.

BTW the bride's father is a multi-millionaire, owns a castor factory in Guangzhou.

It's quite an experience isn't it? Everyone in the village are related and heaps of them share the same surname and very close knit and what not. Did your friend have a more upmarket ceremony in the city as well?

A number of my cousins did this. Big reception at a nice place in the city, then a more properly traditional ceremony back in the ancestral village.

3. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Yes it was, rather remote as well.

BTW the bride's father is a multi-millionaire, owns a castor factory in Guangzhou.

Really?

4. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Dark shirt, dark jacket, and light tie. Reminds me of Regis Philbin on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

This, exactly! I call it the "High School Grad look", and it is ubiquitous! I have been to more than a few events at which I was literally the only one wearing a white shirt.