Most comfortable & stylish shoes you ever owned

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Essentio, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Ryan Graber

Ryan Graber Senior member

Suprisingly my most comfortable pair of shoes, is a wonderful pair of Doucal's I picked up at the Nordstrom Rack on a whim a few months back.

2. eclipse75

eclipse75 Active Member

some old vans. were black with white rubber soles. i put those shoes through hell. snow, basketball, mud, plenty of running, etc. they double stitched the soles to the shoe so the sole actually wore through and thats why i had to get rid of them. with them being so worn, they were very comfy [​IMG] looked like a standard tennis shoe. vans makes good quality shoes.

3. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's odd. I love my AE, but by the end of the day, I'm ready to get them off my feet. Can anyone legitimately say any high-quality dress shoes are comfortable?

Artioli and a.testoni, feel as good at the end of the day as the beginning from my experience.

4. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

6. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Senior member

My shoe collection isn't large but I do have a decent number of mid-range shoes (Allen Edmonds and Church's). Still, the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever had are a pair of black, thin rubber soled chukka boots from Bacchrach that I bought for like $40 when I was in college. I could literally walk all day in them even on hard surfaces and my feet would feel great. I even ran in them (out of necessity of course) several times and they were up for that too. It was kind of amazing how comfortable they were.

Edit: Somehow missed the caveat of the shoes being stylish as well...those chukkas certainly wouldn't make the top of that list. If I was going for a combination of style and comfort maybe my Church's single monks on the 173 last (I think the model name is "Becket"). Not the sleekest shoe I own, but very comfortable and works very well with everything from jeans to a more casual suit.

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Edward Greens on the 888.

8. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Alfred Sargent suede slip-ons. A calfskin version arrived today.

Sorry Mafoo, but I think it may be the true OneShoe.
    I'll post pics tomorrow.

9. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

Ecco's are extremely comfortable. Mephisto are the closest i've tried, but they some wouldn't consider those dress shoes either. They are very comfortable, but their dressiest compares in no way to AE.

I remember when I first tried on a Park Avenue. The salesman advised me (quite correctly) that an Ecco or Mephisto would fit better, but the difference in elegance was just staggering.

10. Drydis Greis

Drydis Greis Senior member

My EG Dovers on the 606 Last. My Cleverley NSTs are the second...

11. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

Comfortable - my bespoke
    Sylish - I find the C&J Kempton stylish

12. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

heschung chukka's are my most comfortable pair.
    I bought the c&j tetburys to take their place but I haven't broken them in properly yet.
    Most stylish + comfortable C&J handgrades on the last between chiseled and round, kind of oval yet not overly pointy. I am not nerdy enough to memorise last numbers, sorry.

13. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

It's odd. I love my AE, but by the end of the day, I'm ready to get them off my feet. Can anyone legitimately say any high-quality dress shoes are comfortable?

I've heard Ecco are like sneakers, but I don't really consider them dress shoes, per se.

Almost all of my Alden's are more comfortable than my running shoes and I like wearing them. I have a couple of pair on odd lasts that are not as comfortable but they are getting there. The ones that do not fit as well are on the Plaza and Grant lasts and were never fitted properly at the store. They smooshed my pinky toe but now that is not even a problem. I get a lot of arch support and never notice the weight.

14. Groover

Groover Senior member

Alfred Sargent Stowe, MTO. 99 Last

15. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Probably Saint Cripin's (classic last).
    I guess that is very individual ...