• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most comfortable shoe?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truth be told, I am very anti-sneaker. Most are the generic overly-designed running shoes that everyone wears purely for comfort. Then you get lot's of sneakerheads, skater shoes, and overplayed retro-sneakers that every hipster wears. Though I cannot simply deny how comfortable they are. The only pair I had were Adidas Sambas and I wore them running (long distance, about 30ish minutes of constant running) and my feet were sore for days. However when I used my old running shoes that I used to wear casually, I noticed that they were extremely comfortable. My question is, is there a middle ground between comfort and style? I have a very limited pool of shoes, mostly Clarks and a pair of MJ boots. For the most part the Clarks are alright, but truth be told after a day of constant walking I could do better. The MJ leather boots I wear are extremely comfortable after a few minutes of walking. However when sitting still for several hours I find that they are a little hard and tight so much that once I ended up taking them off. While many dress shoes and boots are "comfortable" to be honest, they are not even close to the comfort of nice running shoes after a long day. So what exactly are the most comfortable "SF-approved" shoes? I ask mainly because I intend to travel later and I wonder is there really a stylish shoe that I can wear all day, every day, is fairly simple/understated, and goes well with tapered jeans? Something I can just wear on road trips or through moderate conditions (some rain, some shine) without worrying about the soles falling off. Something that also won't hurt my feet after I walk around in them all day up and down hills. EDIT: This is also a "What are your most comfortable shoes/Anecdote" thread.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
If you're traveling try out some Nike cortez. Vegas, airports, Sydney all places to do lots of walking and the only shoe that can handle it are nike.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Composer_1777
If you're traveling try out some Nike cortez. Vegas, airports, Sydney all places to do lots of walking and the only shoe that can handle it are nike.

If google images is correct then that's almost what I'm looking for... just a bit less "sporty". It could be more simple I mean, and sleek. Also would prefer a slim high top version, ideally.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Okay I'm not reading your essay.

All in all I have found Ferragamo and Jil to be very comfortable. My Raf x Doc Martins even more so; but, they are not leather sole.

chico-t02

Reaction score
Adidas Samaba are generally an indoor shoe, not designed for exterior distance running. That would explain the soreness.

Try a shoe that was actually designed for running if you plan on running distances without the sore feet. They should last about 500 km (my average) depending on the brand.

Middle ground? Im more than sure there's more than plenty. Screw the SF approved mentality. You can look stylish and be comortable without it.

chico-t02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
If google images is correct then that's almost what I'm looking for... just a bit less "sporty". It could be more simple I mean, and sleek. Also would prefer a slim high top version, ideally.

Have you tried the Nike website? Or any other brands?
Really, seems an obvious place to start.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
It's less of a problem with shoes and more of a problem with your feet. Walk more and strengthen your foot muscles.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
For traveling around on foot, JP's are really, really damn comfortable.

For traveling around through airports, get a comfortable chelsea like an AE Taunton. They've officially become my flight shoes as they're not only comfortable but go on/off easily through TSA checks.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
For traveling around on foot, JP's are really, really damn comfortable.

For traveling around through airports, get a comfortable chelsea like an AE Taunton. They've officially become my flight shoes as they're not only comfortable but go on/off easily through TSA checks.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the most comfortable shoes are usually the ugliest hippie attire (Mephisto, Ecco).

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dupe, but I also think crepe soled shoes are pretty comfy.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Florsheim works well to, i wore a pair all night partying and my feet were o.k. Just pop some DR scholls in them.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uncomparably Wings+Horns sneakers are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had, ever.
They are expensive and they don't seem to be very durable but if you're not worried about nics and scratches and just want a comfortable shoe, w+h can do that.

I only like the low tops though.

EDIT:
Not durable = scratch and tear top of leather easily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads