• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most comfortable brogues shoes

Vox Populi

Reaction score
I think you should consider what qualities make a shoe comfortable, brogue or not. Tricker's do 'country' brogues with a wide footbed, which make for a very comfortable shoe. Sargent's 'country' ranges are very similiar to Tricker's. They probably use the same leather - I wouldn't be surprised. A good strong heel helps no end. The sole unit is important. Personally, I find commando rubber to be the most comfortable of all, though leather allows the foot to 'breathe'. You'll get more support on double-leather. You can feel small stones through single-leather. The C&J 'Handgrades' have an asymmetric last, which ensures a great fit.

Smudge

Reaction score
FWIW I find my Loake Exeters (1880 range I think) to be very comfortable. I've had them 3 years and fit like a glove now. I don't recall ever having to break them in either.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG are tremendously comfortable. Their 'Sandringham' model works for me. Also, Barker Black are comfortable too.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grenson Masterpiece are my most comfortable dress shoes

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Grenson Masterpiece are my most comfortable dress shoes

I dont trust this, you think loafers are less comfortable then cap toes.
devil.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I dont trust this, you think loafers are less comfortable then cap toes.
devil.gif

They are - by definition - since they don't offer the fit flexibility that open laces offer. Everything else being equal of course.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
They are - by definition - since they don't offer the fit flexibility that open laces offer. Everything else being equal of course.

Proves my point.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Proves my point.

I guess... So please don't get Grenson MP and stick to stiff cordovan clunkers is the correct conclusion?

labravajazz

Reaction score
Vintage Florsheim Imperials are real comfortable for me. So are my light brown Ludwig Reiters.

Jack2000

Reaction score
Not sure I agree with assessment that the RL Darltons are really uncomfortable. Mine are new, stiff as hell, but not really more uncomfortable than any other new dress shoes. They are not driving mocs, but compared to my other brogues and caps they are fine. Since they are shell they ought to mold to my foot nicely over time.

jmath

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MattX
Hey all,

I am looking for a pair of brown brogues style shoes.

Which are the most comfortable brogues shoes available?

Thank you.

Matt.

It's really difficult to answer this question without knowing the details about your foot, such as shape, length, width, shape of the arch, etc. The comfort depends on which last would work for you. C&J may fit if the last shape conforms to your foot. If not, it will be very uncomfortable. The same applies for any RTW shoe. I believe the solution is to try on shoes from various manufacturers to assess what will work best for you. Hope this helps.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E Cliftons are the most comfortable for me. They fit perfectly. Will be difficult to judge the most comfortable, as shape of foot and shoe will make the biggest difference. Best for me may not be best for you.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My most comfortable is probably E. Bonafe. However, all of my shoes are very comfortable and have required no break-in at all. The only shoes I've had to break in were work boots.

Well I take that back slightly. My Loake Safaris feel like they don't feel as soft as the other shoes. Not uncomfortable but not amazing either. They look nice though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads