• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Most classic/versatile penny loafer

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
If I was to own just one pair of penny loafers...what should I get? I'm assuming it should be brown/burgandy so I could pair it with khakis, dress pants, or jeans? Allen Edmonds seems to have a good reputation on this site, but they have like 10 different styles and various colors. Can someone recommend a particular model? On a side note, would I be better off getting penny loafers or those loafers with the metal bits on top (not sure what they're called) like http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-...ark-brown-calf

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a "quick questions" thread at the top of the page that would probably be best for these threads.

Answer is Alden for BB unlined LHS in #8.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
There's a "quick questions" thread at the top of the page that would probably be best for these threads.

Answer is Alden for BB unlined LHS in #8.

This is the correct answer. Available at your friendly local Brooks Brothers, and only get better with age.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
aldens or C&J harvard

w.mj

Reaction score

dmac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarquisMagic
Alden full strap in #8 cordovan

These may not qualify as most classic, but are my favorites.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.