• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most Barba Shirt Collars Shaped like "Shark Fins"?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Instead of being cut straight, they are slightly curved.

Is there a name for this shape of collar?

Barba
barba15vh.jpg
a20791a13178a5f207e32d_m.jpg

vs.

Borrelli (just an example)

borr-sh-120371nawhstr.jpg

Last edited:

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really see why it should have a name...other makers apart from Barba have this too.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Barba shirt features a 'Cutaway' Collar and my compliments to Barba for getting it right. A meatier knot such as a full Windsor will compliment this collar. The other shirts have Spread collars.

Last edited:

doughie

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I call it a neapolitan collar.

The Barba shirt features a 'Cutaway' Collar and my compliments to Barba for getting it right. A meatier knot such as a full Windsor will compliment this collar. The other shirts have Spread collars.
Four in hand, or double four in hand is your best friend with every type of collar.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[COLOR=FF00AA]I call it a neapolitan collar. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF00AA]Four in hand, or double four in hand is your best friend with every type of collar[/COLOR].

Let us Google 'Neapolitan Collar'....
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=WOESUJa8D6no0QGBpIG4CA

....now let us Google 'Cutaway Collar'
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....,cf.osb&fp=a6fd6467865a211b&biw=1280&bih=578

Personally, I would find a single Four-In-Hand knot to be too small but a double FIH may work, yes.

Last edited:

doughie

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Let us Google 'Neapolitan Collar'....
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=WOESUJa8D6no0QGBpIG4CA
....now let us Google 'Cutaway Collar'
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....,cf.osb&fp=a6fd6467865a211b&biw=1280&bih=578
Personally, I would find a single Four-In-Hand knot to be too small but a double FIH may work, yes.
I'm with you on that Barba shirts have cutaway collar. My definition of a neapolitan shirt collar is that they are slightly curved as TS mentioned.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely it's just a design which makes sure that the collar points stay under the revers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads