• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most amazing blazer ever

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Someone needs to convince Anderson & Sheppard to design a pair of jeans and a hoodie. That would be great.
The denim would be cut full and traditionally, with little attention to trends, generous drape, and with what some might consider a less than ideal attention to detail? If so, I give you:
obamajeans22.jpg

KA1555

Reaction score
I don't quite understand all of the criticism (although people around here aren't the biggest Bastian fans), but I frankly love it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
bastian is a bad joke and not a real designer at that

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KA1555
I don't quite understand all of the criticism (although people around here aren't the biggest Bastian fans), but I frankly love it.
So it's nice in theory...but c'mon now, it's warmed-over prep. This looks like one of Hickeystyle's rejected designs.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Cucinelli jackets with suede patches but I don't like them here. I like madras too but not as a lining on a DBBB.

As much as I admire Mr Bastian's abilities, I don't think he has offered anything special here.

seany

Reaction score
No one here is making me not buy it, if that blazer was way cheaper I would have copped' it long time ago. I guess the designer of that jacket isnt well liked here. I never heard of him, but I also don't know **** about fashion.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
No one here is making me not buy it, if that blazer was way cheaper I would have copped' it long time ago. I guess the designer of that jacket isnt well liked here. I never heard of him, but I also don't know **** about fashion.

No one is trying to convince you to dislike it. You just posted an entire thread devoted to the thing so we're obv going to post opinions.

It's got zero to do with the designer and everything to do with the jacket being kind of boring. As you get to see more fashion you'll understand why.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I have Cucinelli jackets with suede patches but I don't like them here.

Did you notice how low down the sleeve they are? They don't look like they're even at the elbow.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
No one is trying to convince you to dislike it. You just posted an entire thread devoted to the thing so we're obv going to post opinions.

It's got zero to do with the designer and everything to do with the jacket being kind of boring. As you get to see more fashion you'll understand why.

This. Don't buy pseudo designer nonsense.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Newb don't know SF groupthink.
lol8[1].gif

Seriously though--it's just that BoO db blazer with a loud lining and Hickey's elbow patches!

I've got no personal beef w/ Bastian's designs but this is nothing special...

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arms_Akimbo
I like it sitting there. Not sure if I would wear it that much.

This is the way I feel. I think it looks great and I would love to own it, but I can see myself wearing it once or twice a year and for the price I cannot do that. Also I feel like the elbow patches will look dated in a few years - that seems to be such a popular thing right now.

Originally Posted by seany
Guess I'm pretty much the only one that likes it.

Not the only one!

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
I can't picture when or where one could wear that. the buttons are pretty gaudy.

Did you not read the article?

It will make you feel powerful in the boardroom and then you can hop into your vintage Jaguar and drive up to the Hamptons while still wearing it. And Kim Kardashian can spill her drink all over it. And then you can burn it because you're loaded and you realize it's ugly anyway and that everyone in the boardroom was laughing at you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads