1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Most Admired Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RIDER, Dec 17, 2004.

1. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Borrelli sprit-toe norwegion welt.

2. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

1) Dark brown calfskin, perforated balmoral captoe

2) Whiskey shell cordovan, norwegian front, monk strap

3) Tan pebble grain, double soled, long wing blucher

3. ChuckE

ChuckE Member

I read this string and am trying to use this to update my shoe quality to match my suits. I have 3 suits: Navy Brooks Brothers; Grey Bernini; and black Bernini. (I wear suits 1-2 days per week) This is very pathetic but I have: Bostonian black toecap; Bally burgundy Monk toecap which is probably outdated. Do I ditch both?

Most of the shoe recommendations are tan, brown, burgundy. With this suit selection, not sure what to do regarding color. Any further help would be great.

Chuck

4. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

Well, IMO, the building block for any shoe collection is the black captoe. After that, a nice cognac color would be very versatile - a good combination of tan and burgundy. After that it's what you want, more than what you need.