• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mossimo: Cheap shirts with a decent fit

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'm making a thread on this. You can get these shirts at Target for super cheap... V Necks are something like 8 bucks, button downs are like 15. The material feels decent enough. The construction is okay, you get what you pay for. But, these shirts are absolutely awesome for doing stuff in that you don't want to risk ruining your nicer stuff in. The cut is slim and flattering, there's no ugly logos on them. If you're looking for this type of thing, check it out.

ADDIC

Reaction score
i picked up about 5-6 henleys/thermals this past winter. still havent bought regular tees though.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Target is for shoppers who want to spend less than $500 on a pair of pants. Go figure!

ramp

Reaction score
I don't get it. Everyone on bb.com loves them, but even their athletic fit barely have any taper. Tried some on and they were all really loose around the waist.

Remrem

Reaction score
Agreed, they're perfectly respectable t-shirts. For basics, brands don't seem to be particularly indicative of quality. As long as the t-shirt fits, I buy it.

xr4ti

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramp
I don't get it. Everyone on bb.com loves them, but even their athletic fit barely have any taper. Tried some on and they were all really loose around the waist.

DVhkr.jpg

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
This is weird... I bought one of those Mossimo shirts about a month ago, and I just went back to target and got 2 more yesterday. Good beater shirts that aren't just a plain white t-shirt. I've gotten to a size* where it seems like some XLs fit me like an L now, where I contemplate actually going XXL... now, with these Mossimo shirts (v-neck) XXL fits somewhat baggy. The XL actually fits me a bit better-- more like I hope an XL would fit me. I like the gray one, the royal blue is nice (it has a little heathering), but the darker green I wish was darker still. The material is soft but pretty thin and they are also longer in length than my usual white undershirts.

*=either I've gotten bigger, or some brand's XL is smaller/closer fitting than some other XLs; it's hard to tell these days

ice86x

Reaction score

This. They fit quite boxy to be honest.. plus, the v-neck on it is lulz. it's a crew neck with a ****

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's bb.com?

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
At this price point, LEC has them all beat by a huge margin.

Mossimo stuff is certainly more than adequate in most cases, as long as you don't look too closely. A plaid shirt is probably not going to have a continuous stripe across the pockets, and a short sleeve may have ill fitting sleeves. Their outerwear from what I've seen, is laughable.

It really is hit and miss, but target apparel is incredibly popular, due to price and adequate quality. You can cherry pick for a nicer item here and there, but some of the details are going to be a bit amusing.

The key issues are durabililty and design, and on both points, Mossimo is quite adequate. For the price, it's more than adequate.

The real losers in this price range are Old Navy and Gap, brands that are loafing and lazy, and are in cruise control based upon their previous sales success. Oddly, they have been raising prices, sometimes drastically, despite the continuing decline in quality.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1, though otherwise the few tees I have are fine.

The buttondowns, unless they've changed the fit since I tried some on last summer, fit slim - But with ridiculously low armholes

asr10 user

Reaction score
Thanks, ive been looking for some cheap V-Necks and Targets are everywhere here.

Nomy?

Reaction score
I recommend these t-shirts , good fit good selection of colors!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads