• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moschino F/W09

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This brand won't get a whole lot of love on this forum but I think Moschino was among the best of the English-inspired motifs present in a lot of the F/W09 shows. The bowler caps seem to jump up and down screaming the inspiration, but the double-breasted jackets and colorful pinstripes show a more subtle version. I don't look good in hats anyway.
00010m.jpg
00080m.jpg
00110m.jpg
00120m.jpg
00190m.jpg
00280m.jpg
00220m.jpg

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That last look seems real out of place, but I like the rest of it fine, classic, certainly English. But...the looks here seem very conservative-traditional for the most part. I guess that's what you're into?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
That last look seems real out of place, but I like the rest of it fine, classic, certainly English. But...the looks here seem very conservative-traditional for the most part. I guess that's what you're into?
In a way, yes. Moschino is the Italian version of Paul Smith in a way -- not a groundbreaking show but a very wearable, modern, and stylish collection. That pinstriped jacket is out of the ordinary enough to garner and attract attention without being too distracting and over-the-top.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Moschino has always been on my radar for their sort of quirky, colorful, yet wearable and nicely styled stuff. I never bought much of it in the past, though, just because I often would go to Etro, Missoni, or Byblos for "color" offerings with some kick... Etro for something sartorial, Missoni for something patterned, and Byblos for something a little more modern.

Nevertheless, this looks like one of their best collections in a while. I especially like the whole look of the one with the striped double-breasted vest.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem I have with Moschino is that the prices seem over the top for staple items like dress shirts, but I like the Italian feel a lot and I think it's one of the few Italian brands that have retained the Italian feel after a long stay in the US market. I like Missoni from time to time as well but never really looked into Byblos much. I don't like Etro much usually. It always seems a little bit too unmasculine for me to wear but never hits the androgynous look either. Either that or I'm still hung up on the cut of the OTR shirts being too American for an Italian designer and I can't get past that. Ditto for Armani Collezioni.
laugh.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
The biggest problem I have with Moschino is that the prices seem over the top for staple items like dress shirts, but I like the Italian feel a lot and I think it's one of the few Italian brands that have retained the Italian feel after a long stay in the US market. I like Missoni from time to time as well but never really looked into Byblos much. I don't like Etro much usually. It always seems a little bit too unmasculine for me to wear but never hits the androgynous look either. Either that or I'm still hung up on the cut of the OTR shirts being too American for an Italian designer and I can't get past that. Ditto for Armani Collezioni.
laugh.gif

Byblos was big for a while, then disappeared, then started back about 3-4 years ago with some really interesting collections under a pretty talented design team. I'll try and find some pics, but the use of color that I recall managed to stay very mod, sleek, without being campy or quirky. I think one problem with it was that it was hard to find... there just weren't many stockists.

Anyway, I'll try and find some pics later and upload them.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Byblos was big for a while, then disappeared, then started back about 3-4 years ago with some really interesting collections under a pretty talented design team. I'll try and find some pics, but the use of color that I recall managed to stay very mod, sleek, without being campy or quirky. I think one problem with it was that it was hard to find... there just weren't many stockists.

Its unpopularity among US stockists is probably why I haven't looked into it much.

I need to go back to Italy this year.
frown.gif

tvontheradio

Reaction score
hows there fit? is it true to size?Thinking about getting a cardigan but dont know my size in their brand, and the website does not have measurements

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moschino is my favourite Jeans brand. They're of decent quality.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I mean the stuff is appealing, but at the same time what makes it stand out from the pack?

Doctor

Reaction score
I like it because it's interesting, different, high fashion yet totally wearable. I WOULD wear each of those outfits no worries (elements of the first and the last being slightly more adventurous though).

The vest on pic #2 is really, really cool. I want.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still remember a pair of Moschino Cashmere gloves I tried on once that were the nicest feeling fabric I have ever felt in my life, I could wear them in my sleep. I compare Moschino to Vivienne Westwood in it's brit punk style, but I prefer Vivienne Westwood a bit more, problem for me with Moschino is that to my untrained eye the cuts all seem pretty cookie cutter and I guess personally I like designer clothing particularly when it comes to cuts to be slightly left of center, otherwise it just gets a bit boring.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen, Moschino uses very high quality fabrics. I have a Moschino 100% wool coat and the damn fabric doesn't even pill on it! Yet my wife has a Theory wool coat that cost 80% as much as the Moschino coat, and it pills like crazy.

I'm not a fan of the brand's overall style. However if you happen to see a piece you like, the quality is definitely there. Quality is similar to the better Japanese brands.

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wnesthaiston