1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Morsepoint - Fine Clothing and Footwear - official affiliate vendor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by morsepoint, May 27, 2018.

1. morsepoint

morsepoint Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Hello folks,

Sorry for ma late reply, I have been very busy buying SS19 collections for past 2 weeks.

As it currently stands, CJ does not want me to do any special MTO in particular from Cordovan. Other than Cordovan its fine.

Ive got a feeling whats happened, they have noticed I have been advertising on Styleforum and getting more traction than them directly, hence they decided the only way to stop me is to say no to Cordovan MTO. More than anything I think they would rather cash the money directly without any direct advertising than through the retailer who makes an effort and do something differently and more efficiently.

Im very sorry to say no to CJ Cordovan MTO at this moment. Im still in talks with them and if anything changes Ill post it in here.

However at this moment as it stands I would rather deal with EG for Cordovan MTO as they are more open minded and willing to do anything. Im planning factory visit to EG mid August and will take it from there with final proposal for Cordovan MTO

Also Im still in talks with my belt supplier for MTO cordovan belts, and will post an update shortly.

Best
    Tomas

2. idonotmatch

idonotmatch Senior Member

Thanks for still pushing. Will be interested to hear if we can get something together for EG.

3. KPDarb

KPDarb Distinguished Member

That’s a shame but I appreciate your explanation for the CJ MTOs. I look forward seeing what we can fo with EG shell and otherwise :)

Also interested in the belts.

4. morsepoint

Today I have received an email from my belt supplier, he is waiting for colours available, but thinking doing Whiskey and colour.no 8

Here is a quick picture of joints. All you would have to do is choose the buckle you wish to put with your belt, Ill post the choices soon, also max. of 3 letters (initials) on the inside of the belt if anyone wish to have them, the belt would be stitched edge, 5 holes, full grain nubuck lining or full grain leather lining in purple-both attached, choice of the width 35mm/40mm

The price would be ex.VAT 335£ incl.delivery worldwide nubuck lining.jpeg

Turnaround 12-16weeks, payments up front

Once Ive got the colours available, Ill post them in here and also choice of buckles.

Final thing I would request before placing an order is your waist size, and also measurements of your favourite belt which you know fits well from the mid hole/3rd hole right to an end of the belt/excluding the buckle. All measurements in cm's

IMG_2624.jpg IMG_2625.jpg

purple lining.jpeg

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Distinguished Member

Please keep us updated for gmto for eg galaway shell boot. If gmto is possible that would be nice.

6. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

@morsepoint
    I am sorry to hear that C&J refuses to do any cordovan for you? Have you thought about buying Pembroke in C&J fine grain to store? I think this makeup is good for fall season. C&J fine grain is different from the ussual scotch grain.

Fine Grain.JPG

Scotch Grain.JPG

7. KPDarb

KPDarb Distinguished Member

Agreed. Would be even better if there was a chestnut shade of it.

8. morsepoint

I will definitaly will so. Ive seen them yesterday in London and I book the factory trip for mid august, so will let you know the prices after the visit.

9. morsepoint

I havent thought about it, however its something Im open to do if we can get at least 8people in.

10. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

I doubt we can get eight people, but we might try anyway. It would help if you can post what kind of colors fine grain swatches are available. I would be interested in any color but brown.

11. morsepoint

I will find out and let you know what colours are available.