• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised there isn't a thread for these guys yet. I've a pair of their mid brown suede cap toes that I'm pretty happy with. Here are my initial thoughts plus after 7 or 8 wears.

Shipping and packaging

Morjas packed the shoes with a good amount of tissue paper to prevent them being too jostled en route. Each of the shoes were in a bag to keep the suede fresh. I enjoyed the warm musk of fresh leather product and the cedar trees upon opening. A note from Henrik (the owner) was also inside, asking me to say hi to Canada! I actually laughed out loud.

Quality and construction

I was impressed with the suede immediately upon handling the shoes. It has a very close nap, but is also quite soft. The colour is fantastic. The stitching around the shoe is neat, and well executed. You can see that it is quite close to the edge of the cap toe, for example. An otherwise flat and simple sole has a stamped logo and size info on the bottom. Following the welt around the shoe, it has been trimmed quite close to the upper and finished nicely. The sole is open channel, so doesn’t have the super clean look of a closed channel – but it’s the bottom of the shoe. How often are you looking at the bottom of the shoes? After a half dozen wears the soles are holding up well, though they’re a little worn on a few of the edges – some chipping and scuffing – which is my only disappointment. Fortunately, this is easily remedied with edge dressing. The suede is developing a couple little rub marks where the shoe flexes, but at this point it's nothing that can't be brushed out.

Sizing

For these Morjas shoes, Henrik advised size 9.5 UK, which is a half size up from what I would usually wear (10 US/9 UK). I’m glad he did, as they fit quite well. The instep is just right – not overly high or low, but I do have a bit of room across the vamp between the throat and the cap toe. Not a knock against the shoe at all, simply an observation. I think sizing down any more would have resulted in undesired tightness elsewhere.

Design and styling

This oxford is on their 003 last, which they describe as medium width, rounded toe. An almond toe is my preferred toe shape at this point, and I’d say this shape is an interesting blend of the two. I wouldn’t define these as a round-toe, but they don’t have the asymmetrical, slightly pointed look of a almond shape either. However you might define the shape, it’s a nice one. I like the clean transition from the toe to tapered waist. It isn’t overt, but adds style to the overall look of the shoe.

Conclusion

So far, I am really happy with this pair. I’m especially enjoying figuring out new combinations with a lighter coloured shoe. My collection is mostly made up of darker browns that require less thought. I’ve had success pairing with both light and dark trousers (well, I think I’ve been successful). In the gallery for this Morjas review, I wanted to include some examples. You can see pairings with my charcoal and light brown flannel trousers, and in my opinion, the colour of the shoes looks awesome. Definitely a good contender in the entry level, good quality gyw range.

3168032B-239B-4588-A089-F5BDE2BC5A59.jpeg
85D5501B-86CE-40A9-B310-4937C535F62C.jpeg
DB506B5A-D336-4ED1-8D11-4F2A2F689AA7.jpeg
A4E8EA46-1249-414B-8025-A3595C2056C0.jpeg
C091413B-4148-444A-ACFE-DC503E611FCA.jpeg
1F73AE83-620A-495B-BAE8-E49DC4A4FFAF.jpeg
92FE78B2-10F4-402E-B9A8-7D3A68C37401.jpeg
DF66A709-3E46-4FC6-B361-993CCE308D5E.jpeg
CB8E2D55-FE63-4863-97B8-A4E5E2BA83EB.jpeg

gbandi

Reaction score
I am looking to buy the tassel loafers. Can anyone comment on sizing, quality and durability. My main concern is the high shipping cost and return cost of the fit is not good

theh00d

Reaction score
I am also interested in the tassel loafer - brown suede. (first pair of loafer)

Was looking at allen edmonds and alden prior, but want to brand out from those two...

pickergc

Reaction score
maybe @Burzan can provide some insight to the dark brown tassel loafers. I too am interested in the loafers, though from photos I've seen I fear the last is a bit too round for what I'm looking for. However, @Burzan 's burgundy wingtips are beautiful.

Sammm

Reaction score
Would also love to hear people’s experiences with the loafers (tassel/penny), especially regarding sizing in comparison to Alden or other makers.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any long term update? How the shoes are holding over the extended period of wear?

pickergc

Reaction score
I bought the dark brown suede tassels before they re-released the updated full range. They're my favorite pair of shoes. I wear them at least 3-4 times a week, I've walked all day in New York City, all over London. We were in Burlington Arcade, right outside the Crockett and Jones boutique, and the salesman gestures to me with a "nice shoes!"

Just purchased the brogues a couple weeks ago as well..........love them.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the dark brown suede tassels before they re-released the updated full range. They're my favorite pair of shoes. I wear them at least 3-4 times a week, I've walked all day in New York City, all over London. We were in Burlington Arcade, right outside the Crockett and Jones boutique, and the salesman gestures to me with a "nice shoes!"

Just purchased the brogues a couple weeks ago as well..........love them.

Thanks for the heads up! They really do look lovely from the photos with the price tag at 50% OFF from the one CJ is going for .. Goodyear welted as well and suede looks to be of a good quality. I am eyeing that suede oxford. Might be worth the shot. It appears they raised the prices from their 195 EUR price point, but still affordable. Shoe trees are quite cheap.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the burgundy pebble grain penny loafers.
Just as I was about to order they disappeared from the site and had been replaced by a smooth calf version in burgundy. I contacted Henrik and he said they still had a pebble grain pair in my size.
I’m usually a UK 7.5 and a US 8.5. I ordered 7.5 and they were easily the best fitting loafers I’ve ever tried, and I own C and J and Cheaneys. Really snug around the heel which stops your foot from slipping.
I have to say I was hugely disappointed in the colour, which was a rich burgundy on the website pics but in reality was VERY dark near brown and would look black in anything less than bright light. The pebble grain stamping was uneven when comparing between the two straps. I ended up sending them back but still think they’d have been a decent bargain were it not for the disappointing colour.

moimael

Reaction score
Agree with the fit of the loafer last. I tried the 004 last prototype in their Stockholm Showroom and was incredibly surprised by how good it fits. I have difficult feet (flat, thin heels) and I always have either ton of heel slip or a way too tight toebox in loafers usually. This one was perfect in my usual size.

4r36

Reaction score
I think all their models are great. They have beautifully sleek lasts, imho. I own their penny loafer in burgundy and, in that price range, I would probably keep looking at Morjas if I had to buy the other types of shoes they offer.

Given the way their shoes are refined, I believe that these are crafted by the same Spanish factory that produces on commission for Fitzpatrick. Yet this remains only my supposition, of course.

That said, a big downside is, at least for me, the quality of the box calf they use. After falling in love with their penny loafer, I contacted them to ask whether they use full grain later. Although they replied that they actually use it, I am nevertheless not entirely satisfied by its quality. Here below two pictures of my penny after just an hour of walking:

I wish the creasing was less pronounced. But one has to keep in mind that you get what you pay for. And at that price, you still get a lot :)

Last edited:

iva80

Reaction score
6B6DA750-7E93-40AD-A0EB-FEAD1A221EE6.jpeg
Same leather as Sebago goodyear shoes made in Spain. Very nice and strong smell of leather. Color is dark brown with a touch of burgundy. Texture is quite glossy. Ugly creases, like the leather is crumbling.

joonian

Reaction score
Yes do wonder about their quality of leather. How would you say it compares to for instance meermin? Same price point so a good comparison I think. Their lasts and styles are pretty on point, probably better than meermin. Quite tempted by their medium brown chukka. For some reason no other makers have a chukka in a lighter brown.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am considering their suede loafers, because they say they are wider in the toe than most other brands. I see a bunch of negative comments on the calf here. How about the suede? I also don’t expect to wear them very hard. Just looking for something to wear in the office after I take off my winter boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics