• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that the suede is also corrected grain? I asked about the quality of the suede shoes that @archipel purchased, that I also purchased.
No sorry I thought you meant in general their shoes. Not familiar with their suede, but it’s probably split.

archipel

Reaction score
They weren’t bad shoes. For me it was the suede quality that was less and the shoes were not as comfortable as more higher end. Also, the fit wasn’t good but that is something personal ofcourse.

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
They weren’t bad shoes. For me it was the suede quality that was less and the shoes were not as comfortable as more higher end. Also, the fit wasn’t good but that is something personal ofcourse.

Ok that makes sense. I have Alden suede and J. Crew Ludlow suede penny loafers (made in China), both of which I enjoy but are clearly at different quality levels. I would expect the Morjas to at least be on par with the J. Crew quality but not nearly as nice as a $300+ shoe. If that is the case, I'll be happy with them.

Last edited:

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
Update: I received the medium brown suede penny loafers today. They look quite nice. The suede is very good looking and the overall craftsmanship of the shoe seemed on par with the price and they look more expensive than they are. Unfortunately, they fit about a half size too large in length for me. The width was great. I usually wear a 6 1/2 in loafers and these felt more like 7, thus quite a bit of heel slippage. So, I'm returning them. Sadly, they don't have a size 6 so I need to find something else. I'd get another pair in a smaller size if they had them.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update: I received the medium brown suede penny loafers today. They look quite nice. The suede is very good looking and the overall craftsmanship of the shoe seemed on par with the price and they look more expensive than they are. Unfortunately, they fit about a half size too large in length for me. The width was great. I usually wear a 6 1/2 in loafers and these felt more like 7, thus quite a bit of heel slippage. So, I'm returning them. Sadly, they don't have a size 6 so I need to find something else. I'd get another pair in a smaller size if they had them.
I'd totally try a tongue pad honestly if you like them. Skolyx has some for 10$

Reaction score
I bought Morjas suede PTB some months ago, and I’ve been wearing them alot. I needed another pair of proper but discreet looking to wear at work and whatnot, but didn’t want to spend too much. Everyday beaters. Given the price, I expected solidly made shoes with less fancy materials, but it turned out to be the opposite, sortof. The suede, while not being luxurious in any way, feels relatively nice, and has withstood many swedish downpours very well by now. But the quality of the welting and sole work in general - disclaimer that this is my only pair of Morjas - is disappointing. The welt stitch is dangerously close to the edge in some areas (or rather the sole was sanded down way too much), the storm welt is unevenly fitted against the upper, and also the rubber sole wears down surprisingly fast and also bends in weird ways around the edge. Why the latter occurs, I have no clue. The fit is great though, I have to say. But given the hard factory trimming of the sole edges, I doubt these will last for a second resole, unless I’ll also have them rewelted. And I’m not sure I want to spend that much money on this pair. Next time I’ll buy a similar pair in the same price range, I’ll go for Skolyx I think. Similar looks, but something tells me they’re not as sloppily made. I will also look closely on all details before taking them outside. Lesson learned.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought Morjas suede PTB some months ago, and I’ve been wearing them alot. I needed another pair of proper but discreet looking to wear at work and whatnot, but didn’t want to spend too much. Everyday beaters. Given the price, I expected solidly made shoes with less fancy materials, but it turned out to be the opposite, sortof. The suede, while not being luxurious in any way, feels relatively nice, and has withstood many swedish downpours very well by now. But the quality of the welting and sole work in general - disclaimer that this is my only pair of Morjas - is disappointing. The welt stitch is dangerously close to the edge in some areas (or rather the sole was sanded down way too much), the storm welt is unevenly fitted against the upper, and also the rubber sole wears down surprisingly fast and also bends in weird ways around the edge. Why the latter occurs, I have no clue. The fit is great though, I have to say. But given the hard factory trimming of the sole edges, I doubt these will last for a second resole, unless I’ll also have them rewelted. And I’m not sure I want to spend that much money on this pair. Next time I’ll buy a similar pair in the same price range, I’ll go for Skolyx I think. Similar looks, but something tells me they’re not as sloppily made. I will also look closely on all details before taking them outside. Lesson learned.
No experience from Morjas myself, but judging by people here, they need to spend less money on marketing and more on QC...

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Hello, I bought a morjas belt in November and after some wear like 5-7 times the upper leather already starts to Tear and break. Did someone experience something else ? Or did I do something wrong, I wear the belt quite tight but I think not too tight. Other belts of mine didn’t tear like that but they‘re smooth and not grained leather.

Attachments

• B8D23E33-9832-4EAE-9DD8-023F00AB8A6A.jpeg
    B8D23E33-9832-4EAE-9DD8-023F00AB8A6A.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 203
  • C22A0B78-4CB2-435D-A8C0-E4FBEAD77074.jpeg
    C22A0B78-4CB2-435D-A8C0-E4FBEAD77074.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 417
  • 221E9A92-02AF-4FAB-8835-038979249728.jpeg
    221E9A92-02AF-4FAB-8835-038979249728.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 426

Stylewords

Reaction score
Hello, I bought a morjas belt in November and after some wear like 5-7 times the upper leather already starts to Tear and break. Did someone experience something else ? Or did I do something wrong, I wear the belt quite tight but I think not too tight. Other belts of mine didn’t tear like that but they‘re smooth and not grained leather.
I'm glad you drew the circles otherwise there's no way I'd be able to see what you're talking about.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Yeah I know , it’s really small… but most defects start quite small and get bigger I guess

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
i can not see anything and i think you're being extremely nitpicky and looking for issues. if you hadn't circled those miniscule spots i'd have no idea what you're referring to. it's just a belt

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could it be chafing/rubbing from the belt loops on your pants? When you close the belt and pull on the right strap, the belt loops could potentially damage the leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics