• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moreschi Peccary or Ostrich, Please Share Your Thoughts

vince321

Reaction score
Originally, it was my intent to purchase a black cherry or dark wine colored shoe. However, after much searching, my efforts have come up with little of interest. So, now my attention has turned to a couple of Moreschi items that are interesting because the leather is different they what is normally found in my closet.

I am not at all familiar with Peccary or Ostrich, but possibly others on this board are. If so, please share any opinions on which of these two would be preferred.

Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310096769500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310096721910

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the style. The Peccary leather seems okay, but I'm not a fan of the Ostrich leather at all.

englanderjk

Reaction score
I don't like either one of your examples but check these out from Gentlemens Jodhpur.
Not sure if these are still in stock but I believe these consist of calf/boar and calf/peccary combinations. Very nice IMO and definitely fit the "interesting" bill.

http://www.gentlemensjodhpur.com/

Originally Posted by vince321
Originally, it was my intent to purchase a black cherry or dark wine colored shoe. However, after much searching, my efforts have come up with little of interest. So, now my attention has turned to a couple of Moreschi items that are interesting because the leather is different they what is normally found in my closet.

I am not at all familiar with Peccary or Ostrich, but possibly others on this board are. If so, please share any opinions on which of these two would be preferred.

Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310096769500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310096721910

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shoe on the left in the second picture is quite nice looking.

dsmolken

Reaction score
You probably know this already since you're in Texas, but you can get a very good idea of what ostrich leather looks like and feels by heading to any Western store. You should be able to find full-quill, smooth and leg which are all quite different. I really like it personally, it's very soft, flexible and looks interesting though it won't take a high shine (at least not mine). If I'm going to a Polish wedding where I know I'm going to be dancing till the morning I'm defintiely wearing my ostrich boots.

Peccary, I know nothing about. I'd be curious to hear from anybody with some experience.

rudiecantfail

Reaction score
Peccary is really nice. It feels/looks like deerskin, but doesn't stretch out or develop creases. Its also tougher, so it is more resistant to scuffs. I worked at Gentlemens Jodhpur for a little while (hated every second of it). The shoes you are showing are really nice, can be worn with a suit or a tux. If you can wear a standard Florsheim oxford they should fit you nicely. I can't wear them myself, I have flat feat so they won't fit in the toes.

LaoHu

Reaction score
I just took delivery yesterday of a pair of Moreschi loafers in black peccary. They are my first experience with this brand and material. I wore them around the house for a few hours last night and I was favorably impressed. So far so good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads