• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moreschi: fit and quality

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a pair of moreschi shoes on STP (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/3...e-For-Men.html) that i like. How do they fit? I'm an 8.5 in magnanni and Marteganni. Are they similar fit? Should buy the 8.5? Also what is the quality like? I've heard a little about these mostly positive things but only in passing. Anyone want to chime and give me alittle more info?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
not sure how the fit is, but i can say that moreschi is a mid-level italian shoe brand that are blake stitched but seems to come in a nice channeled sole as pictured.
the moreschis ive seen (retail $395?) have leathers that are a bit on the plasticy side. the styles look decent enough for italianate, but im not sure of these higher priced moreschis, $495, they may use decent leathers. moreschi is also (used to be?) sold on francos.com site.
go there and click shoes and click moreschi URL on the right hand side for more detailed looking actual photos of moreschis.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't have JLs or EGs so i can't compare there. but i would say that they are at least on par with the AEs i've got in terms of quality. they were true to size, i'm an 11 and the Moreschi 11s fit me well.

i saw those shoes this morning and if they had my size, i'd be getting a pair. don't forget about the 15% link!!!

-Jeff

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moreschi follows a completely different paradigm than the English shoes that are loved on this forum. They are an unmistakenably an Italian product peddled to the tastes of an American market (see loafers). Think of Moreschi in the same family as Artioli and a.testoni at a lower price point.

Their leathers are generally very good, but extremely soft and supple. They require almost no break in period. They will stretch. They can be polished to a mirror shine. Their soles are thin, so walking on cobblestones suck. Production is almost exclusively Blake except for a few goodyear and faux Norwegian models. My personal price point for Moreschi falls around $100-150 before I begin to bite. Maybe $150-200 for the fancier models. I simply have too many shoes.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
a.testoni makes a remarkable shoe, the price is just nuts though. For their prices, I would rather get Branchini or Lattanzi.

As for Artioli, the leather is not the best. Papery Leather.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Moreschi follows a completely different paradigm than the English shoes that are loved on this forum. They are an unmistakenably an Italian product peddled to the tastes of an American market (see loafers). Think of Moreschi in the same family as Artioli and a.testoni at a lower price point.

Their leathers are generally very good, but extremely soft and supple. They require almost no break in period. They will stretch. They can be polished to a mirror shine. Their soles are thin, so walking on cobblestones suck. Production is almost exclusively Blake except for a few goodyear and faux Norwegian models. My personal price point for Moreschi falls around $100-150 before I begin to bite. Maybe $150-200 for the fancier models. I simply have too many shoes.

yep, mine were soft right out of the box! I love them.
The monks I have were on half off sale. I snagged them and I should have bought the black pair while I was at it.
Comfortable shoe. One of the best fitting I have.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The ones I've seen have been soft, but not as soft as, say, Gravati. Nice shoes, but the retail pricepoint has always put me off.

I may go by a shop that sells Moreschi this weekend, and if I do, I'll take a closer look. I haven't examined them in a while.

billiebob

Reaction score
I have the Moreschi Sennori in black. I got it for $100 on ebay.
Grapevinehill had several size runs in blonde and black. There is also a brown version on the bay occasionally.

My comments echo others'. The leather is very soft, wrinkling terribly on my shoes. It is nothing like the leather on my other shoes. Even Tyrwhitts calfskin is much better. the soles is very thin, but this hasn't bothered me yet.

Also, the Sennori , which may be among the conservative Moreschis, are still very fashion forward. They are definitely my longest and most pointy shoe.

People really notice them when I wear them with jeans, less so with wool trousers, but still, I was surprised how much more conservative they looked in photos relative to on my feet!

All of this said, they fit (11) true to size, and are very comfortable. I don't regret them at all for $10.

Rolo

Reaction score
I picked up the Morreschi Abano in burgundy.

The peccary leather is very thin. Since it's already wrinkly, I don't have the concern that some of the others have express.

I find these shoes to be among my most comfortable. I don't know if I would have paid the $485 retail on them, but I'm very happy with the $140 I paid on eBay.

MO0001_zoom.jpg

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
I agree, Ive never owned any but saw a pair of brown wingtips in the mall that were really beautiful. Some of their designs are a little extreme but a few of the more conservative ones are quite nice (ie Sennori monks). These are really tempting me right now:

http://www.moreschishoes.com/product...&pfid=MSC00197

On the madison model is that color accurate or is it a solid burgandy?

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the madison model is that color accurate or is it a solid burgandy?

Good question. The more I look at them I'm also starting to wonder if they are leather soled. I've never seen this make in person. If they were in the $100-150 range they'd be much more enticing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads