1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

more Wildsmith on ebay

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by RJman, Feb 10, 2005.

1. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

Hmmm, Ebay is supposed to email me when someone posts wildsmith shoes, and it didn't for these. I see why -- for some reason, these aren't categorized under "clothing/shoes"; they only come up doing an "all categories" search for wildsmith. Anyway, nice boots but not my size. The antiquing suggests EG to me. They're actually a bit generic-looking now that I reconsider. I'd believe you if you told me they were Sargent or C&J or EG or Weston. The last isn't that distinctive.

3. RJman

I have no vested interest in this auction. But there are no bidders and it's still at 5 quid. Mr Wildsmith would charge like 100 times that. Anyone?

4. RJman

Depends -- could be either depending on the maker or on the last. This boot is likely either Edward Green or Crockett and Jones, unless it is bespoke (and as there seems to be a posted size, I doubt it is bespoke).

5. sanmateo

sanmateo Well-Known Member

Well, I finally cracked and bid on them. Wish there was a picture of the soles, though.

6. kabert

kabert Senior member

I've sent the seller two emails that have not been responded to. I've decided that there are simply some sellers who do not regularly check their EBay email, for whatever reason. It doesn't necessarily mean they're bad sellers though, just inattentive.

7. sanmateo

Hmm. I'd be grateful if you could share any pics/info.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

On the typewriter auction he states that he will be away until the 19th.

9. sanmateo

I won the shoes and promptly had my money refunded, due to "the shoes being damaged in an accident" according to the seller.

oh well.

10. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if with the help of some wonder-snake-oil the "damage" can be repaired and the shoes make another appearance on eBay soon.

11. Fashionslave

Fashionslave Senior member

Whatta GIFT--Under 10 bucks? Unreal.. [​IMG]

12. kabert

kabert Senior member

The seller finally emailed me saying that the shoes weren't his; that he was selling them for a friend. All he knew was their size and he couldn't speak to any other info. Very odd.

13. sanmateo

So, it's time to leave feedback on this non-transaction. I think the whole thing is pretty dodgy and am inclined to say so.

But I wonder, is that poor EBay form? I did get my money back after all.

Any opinions from big EBay sellers?

14. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd leave neutral, or nothing at all. It would be hard to explain the situation in the allotted space.

15. RJman

Not to mention that deadbeat ebayers are really good about leaving retaliatory negative feedback, and ebay won't give a damn.

16. Texcamo1

Texcamo1 New Member

Sellers on Ebay state a bid is a legal contract to buy, I would leave negative feedback if the seller wanted more for the item he should have put a reserve up.

Best Regards James

17. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

but I found it whilst searching for 'wildsmith'.

I received a pair of used Wildsmith brogues in black and they're nice shoes. Well made, comfy - good narrow waist that supports the medial arch nicely. Oh well, that's it. [​IMG]