• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

More than one way to tie a tie

PeterMetro

Reaction score
A couple Cambridge Topologists have predicted all 85 possible ways to tie a necktie, then come up with objective measures to express various aesthetic properties of those knots, ending up with a list that includes current favorites and introduces a bevy of innovations. Click here to check it out.

Mr_Sweden

Reaction score
This study has been published as a book. I think it's called "85 ways to tie a tie" or something like that. I own it, in swedish though. Great book I must say. I myself usually use the Cavendish knot or the Grantchester knot, for those of you guys here who also owns the book.

/Mr Sweden

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%