1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

More Carmina Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by teddieriley, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

yes AFAIK gemmed and Goodyear welted- but then so are EG, C&J, AS, Grenson, Trickers.

2. Doxe

Doxe Senior member

I will be at the Paris store later this week and will take pics. Will also provide some info on pricing. The VAT refund for non-EU residents is another incentive to buy Carminas.

A RTW endorsement by fritzl is also another reason to consider Carmina.

3. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

:lol: :crackup: :rotflmao: :crackup: :lol:

4. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am skeptical based on the pricing.

6. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

you're very welcome. i owe you a drink :cheers:

btw, what "happened" on your trip to vienna? no shoes?

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

8. meister

meister Senior member

I have seen some shoe stretchers in my life but this is like a piece of art! Is that a centre lift for instep/lacing area stretching? If so that is remarkable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Indeed. A beauty.

10. Doxe

Doxe Senior member

I was at Carmina in Paris last week. Prices were €310 to start going up to €340 with the cordovan at €495 to €550 for shoes. Have pica to post when I'm back in NA. In Florence and Rome this week. Maninna looks to start at €350. Will post pics when don't have to rely on apple iPod.

Seeing Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome. Looking forward to rubiinacci's Rome store. But to be honest, I havent seen anything better than what is offered by Ed by way of Panta or Howard yount or Kent Wang. Had a Venetian ask me about my Kent Wang bicolour knit tie. :)

11. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Love the pics...thank you very much!! My dilemma now is whether to fly to Europe Business Class or bite the bullet and fly coach and buy a few extra pairs of Carmina's.:blush:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

clearly, coach.

13. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

As somebody who's 5'6" and has never had problems with flying coach, that answer is pretty damn obvious to me.

Even if coach is problematic for you, 12 hours total of mild discomfort versus several pairs of awesome shoes that will last you decades. Think about that, shouldn't take too long.

14. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I believe I purchased the shoes a 1/2 size too small. While they fit snugly in the store, my expectation was they would stretch in the width a bit after some wear. After having had the opportunity to walk around in them more when I got home, I realized the shoes are actually a bit too small in both width and length and fit like US 10.5s rather than 11, which is my consistent size. The proper conversion for me would have been to size down 1/2 from my U.S. size. Embarrassing since i should have been able to figure this out. Maybe I wasn't of the correct mind - I was like a kid in a candy store.

Unfortunately for me, I will have to put them up on B&S. Each of them (except the monkstrap pair, which is brand new) have been worn very lightly once or twice. So some SFers will be getting some great shoes, at my loss and your gain. But fortunately, the brother-in-law is from Barcelona, so he will be able to pick me up the shoes in the correct size on his next trip (I hope).

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  15. meister

meister Senior member

????/Where are the monstrap pair?