This evening upon returning home, I found somewhat to my surprise an email from E. Green & Co., which indicated they were holding a pair of Â black Falmouths for me, and was I still interested in making the purchase of same? Bear in mind, this was based on an email exchange dated...June 25. Frankly, I had lost interest in that I had decided I wanted my first pair of EG's to be one of their browns. Since I never got back to E. Green to confirm the purchase, I just assumed they would attempt to sell the shoes to someone else after a day or two (or try to contact me once more within a couple of days). Does it not seem odd that they would attempt to contact me over 2 weeks hence, to inquire whether I am still interested? Is this just understated English etiquette (and have I committed a breach thereof), or is this simply a situation whereby they have failed to sell the shoes in their shop, and are casting their line back out to see if I'm still game? The fact is, I am still interested in the shoes, though not so keen at this point to spend $515 (inc. shipping) for them. I remember others here saying that they would drop prices on unsold shoes over time, and my question is would it be considered rude/ out of line to inquire as to whether the shoes might be purchased at a lesser price at this point in time? Something to the extent of: "Sorry for not getting back to you, but I decided that the shoe in black was not exactly...blah, blah...however, if there is a possibility that the shoes might be purchased at a lesser price, then I might still be interested...blah, blah". I suppose if they truly have been holding them for me since June 25, then it might seem tacky of me to make this request. Here are snippets of the pertinent exchanges: Greetings once again, Thank you so much for your recent response. Of the shoes you've listed, three are of interest to me: the Dover, Â Holborn & Falmouth, though I do have one question regarding each. Firstly, does the Dover have a double sole? If so, I am most certainly interested in purchasing it. Regarding the Falmouth, does it have a fudge welt (as shown in your catalogue)? If so, I would be very interested in making this purchase as well. Lastly, I wonder if you could provide a bit more detail as regards the tonality of "cognac suede" , or perhaps a comparison with any of your other suede or smooth leather colors. (June 25) .................................. Dear Sir Sadly the Dover and Holborn have been sold already, however we do have the Falmouth black 7E 606 with a fudge welt, price Â£247 tax free. Kind regards Edward Green and Co (June 25) ................................ Dear Sir We have a pair of Falmouth black on hold for you (re your email June 25) Can you let us know if you want the shoes. Kind regards Edward Green and Co (today) ............................ Although I did say "I would be very interested in making this purchase as well", still would you not think that E. Green would then attempt to close the deal once it was confirmed that the shoe had a fudge welt, not merely "however we do have the Falmouth black 7E 606 with a fudge welt, price Â£247 tax free."? Or again, am I missing some finer aspect of English subtlety, a gentleman's word and that sort of stuff? What to do? Certainly I will respond to today's email in some fashion, if only to say thank you, but no thank you.