1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Morbidly Obese in the Public Eye, Is It Possible to Look Professional?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrDaniels, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Dig,

Your before and after shots still stun me.

I've never had to loose a substantial amount of weight (20lbs being the most I've ever taken off). But when I did I used the 6 small meals a day model. In my case I combined with a lot of exercise so I was able to consume about 2500 calories a day and still lose fat.

I mostly still eat according to that model in my daily life - although with reduced exercise my portions are smaller. I have no idea how many calories a day I take in at the moment - as I don't monitor it. What I do think about is: timing, portion size, and glycemic index.

It works, it's healthy, ANYONE can do it if they try.

American's need to stop being so accepting of obesity in some regards. It's really unhealthy and degrades many aspects of one's ability to be healthy and happy. And for the vast majority of obese people is actually entirely preventable. It is a product of our unhealthy diet................look around the world..........we are a nation of FAT!

2. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Dig that's incredible! Great for you and the wife :)

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Dig, great work!

4. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Very, very commendable and inspirational.

5. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I agree...but I think the problem is we need to be clear about the difference between someone who is 20-30 pounds overweight, vs someone who is morbidly obese. It's like the difference between someone who gets drunk once a month at a sports bar with their buddies vs someone who is sneaking hard liquor at 10 am. There are a lot of people out there that act like someone a little bit overweight is a total horror show.

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1000. Dig this is terrific, Congrats!

7. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Thanks for all the props, guys but I didn't mean to derail the thread. I suppose my point was that it is not that hard to fall into the trap that has ensnared Chris Christie and there's no single magic bullet that offers a way out (if he's even looking for one). I feel that what I did could be pretty easily duplicated, especially since I have met many other TSFLers who have lost nearly as much or in some cases, more but it takes a level of commitment that not everyone may be ready for.

Again, if there was a lunch buffet provided for me every day, I doubt I could have done what I did.

8. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

And politics at all levels seems to involve tables of snack food, ranging from donuts for precinct walkers to rubber chicken for fundraisers.

9. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

One can certainly look professional dressed in white-tie.
    [​IMG]
    ...Bon Appetit!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  10. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

That's a slippery slope. If it's okay to be 30 lbs okay then why not 35?

The average guy is what 5' 9". If my math is right 30lbs over weight is almost obese . It's only about 30lbs more to hit morbidly obese.

Being 30lbs overweight is just slow motion suicide.