• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MORATORIUM on immaturity!

HarleyBob

Reaction score
All right guys & gals, enough is enough. I am fed up with all the petty squabbles on this site (for an example, look at the battle going on in the "thrift/discount store bragging thread.")

I admit that at times they are humorous and they can make it interesting, but it isn't keeping within the foundation of style or the purpose of this forum. Ladies and gentlemen don't treat each other the way many of us have treated others or been treated. Isn't style about more than just dress? Isn't it about how you carry yourself, appearance and deportment, how you act towards others and how you politely disagree without being disagreeable?

It is completely logical and reasonable to disagree with someone. However, it is not acceptable to be disagreeable.

I propose, in the spirit of the Holiday season (pick your holiday, there's one for everyone,) how about we put in place a moratorium on disagreeable behavior! Again, disagree with someone, but no name calling, no cussing, no crudeness, no picking on someone's mother/sister/spouse, etc.

Beginning NOW through the end of December, let's try to be ladies and gentlemen, please, I beg you!!

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a guy lighting his fart and using THAT to light a candle!!

fartcandle.gif

LOL!

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
All right guys & gals, enough is enough. I am fed up with all the petty squabbles on this site (for an example, look at the battle going on in the "thrift/discount store bragging thread.")

I admit that at times they are humorous and they can make it interesting, but it isn't keeping within the foundation of style or the purpose of this forum. Ladies and gentlemen don't treat each other the way many of us have treated others or been treated. Isn't style about more than just dress? Isn't it about how you carry yourself, appearance and deportment, how you act towards others and how you politely disagree without being disagreeable?

It is completely logical and reasonable to disagree with someone. However, it is not acceptable to be disagreeable.

I propose, in the spirit of the Holiday season (pick your holiday, there's one for everyone,) how about we put in place a moratorium on disagreeable behavior! Again, disagree with someone, but no name calling, no cussing, no crudeness, no picking on someone's mother/sister/spouse, etc.

Beginning NOW through the end of December, let's try to be ladies and gentlemen, please, I beg you!!

Screw off.
devil.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This doesn't belong here, move it to SW&D.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob

I find this notion ludicrous. If I wanted "mature", I'd converse with comatose nursing home residents

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
This will not end well...

I predict it will end with with AAAC acquiring a new member.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
I predict it will end with with AAAC acquiring a new member.

or fnb.com

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
or fnb.com

Yes, because that place is so much more mature that here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics