MORATORIUM on immaturity!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HarleyBob, Nov 29, 2010.

1. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Senior member

All right guys & gals, enough is enough. I am fed up with all the petty squabbles on this site (for an example, look at the battle going on in the "thrift/discount store bragging thread.")

I admit that at times they are humorous and they can make it interesting, but it isn't keeping within the foundation of style or the purpose of this forum. Ladies and gentlemen don't treat each other the way many of us have treated others or been treated. Isn't style about more than just dress? Isn't it about how you carry yourself, appearance and deportment, how you act towards others and how you politely disagree without being disagreeable?

It is completely logical and reasonable to disagree with someone. However, it is not acceptable to be disagreeable.

I propose, in the spirit of the Holiday season (pick your holiday, there's one for everyone,) how about we put in place a moratorium on disagreeable behavior! Again, disagree with someone, but no name calling, no cussing, no crudeness, no picking on someone's mother/sister/spouse, etc.

Beginning NOW through the end of December, let's try to be ladies and gentlemen, please, I beg you!!

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Here's a guy lighting his fart and using THAT to light a candle!!

[​IMG]

LOL!

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

5. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Pic?

I posted it! You can't see it? Here it is rehosted on Photobucket:

[​IMG]

6. SpooPoker

7. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

All right guys & gals, enough is enough. I am fed up with all the petty squabbles on this site (for an example, look at the battle going on in the "thrift/discount store bragging thread.")

I admit that at times they are humorous and they can make it interesting, but it isn't keeping within the foundation of style or the purpose of this forum. Ladies and gentlemen don't treat each other the way many of us have treated others or been treated. Isn't style about more than just dress? Isn't it about how you carry yourself, appearance and deportment, how you act towards others and how you politely disagree without being disagreeable?

It is completely logical and reasonable to disagree with someone. However, it is not acceptable to be disagreeable.

I propose, in the spirit of the Holiday season (pick your holiday, there's one for everyone,) how about we put in place a moratorium on disagreeable behavior! Again, disagree with someone, but no name calling, no cussing, no crudeness, no picking on someone's mother/sister/spouse, etc.

Beginning NOW through the end of December, let's try to be ladies and gentlemen, please, I beg you!!

Screw off. [​IMG]

8. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

This doesn't belong here, move it to SW&D.

10. Cotillion

Cotillion Senior member

Ibdt

Irish Beer Drinking Team?

acronym speak is confusing.

11. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

I find this notion ludicrous. If I wanted "mature", I'd converse with comatose nursing home residents

12. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    This will not end well...

13. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

This will not end well...

I predict it will end with with AAAC acquiring a new member.

14. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I predict it will end with with AAAC acquiring a new member.

or fnb.com

15. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

or fnb.com

Yes, because that place is so much more mature that here.